Ukrainian IT Giant to Open Development Center in Bulgaria
Ukrainian global outsourcing product and application development company SoftServe announced the opening of a software development center in Sofia, Bulgaria.
The center will augment various software development engagements to support the company's vertical strategy.
"Eastern Europe consistently ranks at the top of the world in educational achievement in math, science and technology," Alan Harlan, CEO of SoftServe said in a statement published on the company website.
"The opening of this center is a key component in our global strategy to provide the best development expertise, deliver industry-leading software and expand on our world class customer delivery."
According to data from The Economist and World Bank, Bulgaria ranks third worldwide in the number of certified IT professionals and has a growing workforce of 3 million. While in parallel, the growing demand for quality outsourcing services continues to increase, which in turn leads to a heightened demand for IT professionals in Eastern Europe, the statement continues.
SoftServe was founded in 1993 and is dedicated to providing end-to-end capabilities from product concept to completion. The company delivers solutions for industries including Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Infrastructure & Systems. SoftServe employs over 3,000 specialists and has offices in North America, Western Europe, Russia and Ukraine.
This is the second big IT company to show investment interest in Bulgaria in a month, Money.bg reminds. Russian software developer Luxoft announced its plans to open a research and development center in Sofia in March and to hire 400 employees over the next two years.
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike as of January
- » Bulgaria’s Finance Ministry Cuts 2015 Judiciary Budget Proposal by BGN 80 M
- » Trips by Bulgarians Abroad Dip in October, Foreigners’ Visits Rise
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Invites Deputy to Resign
- » Bulgaria’s Tourism Minister Plans Focus on Advertisement, Sustainable Development in 2015
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding Conducts Top-level Reshuffle at Several Companies