Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding Conducts Top-level Reshuffle at Several Companies
- » Russia Will Build South Stream if Europe Wants to Reduce Gas Transit Risks - Minister
- » Minister Vows Comprehensive Audit of Bulgaria’s Energy Sector
- » Construction of South Stream Underwater Section to Start December 15
- » Israel 'to Offer Gas Pipeline Project' to EU
- » Bulgaria to Receive EUR 25 M in Kozloduy NPP Decommissioning Aid in 2015