Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Petyo Ivanov to Replace Jacklen Cohen as Head of Bulgarian Energy Holding
- » Bulgarian MPs Reject Proposal to Renew Construction of South Stream
- » Italy's Saipem Takes Gazprom to Court over South Stream Demise
- » Bulgaria Energy Min Denies 'Plans to Circumvent Ukraine Gas Routes'
- » Bulgaria’s Kozloduy NPP Signs Deal to Extend Life of Unit 6 up to 60 Years
- » Gas Hub, Kozloduy NPP's Units 5-6 Top Agenda of Bulgaria-Russia Committee