Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » CGN shows interest in Bulgaria's Belene Project
- » Bulgaria, Azerbaijan to Discuss Expansion of Trade, Economic Links Next Month
- » Bulgargaz Proposes 3.4% Increase of Gas Price for Q4 2016
- » Bulgaria PM: Belene N-Plant Should Be Built Privately with State Help
- » South Stream, Turkish Stream Are No Rival Projects - Russia Energy Min
- » Putin Demands from Bulgaria 'Rock-Solid Guarantee' for South Stream