Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Bulgaria, Russia Discuss Future of Equipment Built for Scrapped Belene NPP Project
- » EC Closes 2012 Power Exports Case against Bulgaria
- » Russian Experts Skeptical on Bulgaria's Plans to Sell Reactor to Iran
- » Energy Min: No Power Price Hike after Nuclear Plant Ruling against Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Pay EUR 0.55 B to Russian Co over Abandoned Nuclear Project
- » Nuclear Power Is of Strategic Importance to Bulgaria - Energy Minister