Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Moscow, Kiev Agree to Renew Gas Flow to Ukraine
- » Bulgaria to Use EU Funding to Implement 5 Energy Projects worth over EUR 4 M
- » Bulgargaz Cuts Gas Supplies to Bulgarian Heating Utilities by 50%
- » Russia, Ukraine, EU Fail to Reach Agreement in Gas Talks
- » EU Invests EUR 647 M in Key Energy Projects
- » France’s Total to Start Drilling at Bulgaria’s Khan Asparuh Block in 2015