Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Bulgaria 'Offers Azerbaijan Energy Cooperation Package'
- » Mining Industry Accounts for 5% of Bulgaria’s GDP – Energy Minister
- » Price of Natural Gas in Bulgaria May Drop by over 13.6% as of October
- » Watchdog OKs Agreement between Bulgaria’s National Power Co, ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP
- » Bulgarian Authorities Place Seals on 660 Tonnes of Fuel amid Filling Station Probes
- » US-owned TPP AES Bulgaria Finalizes Agreement with National Power Utility