Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Bulgarian Project Company for Oil Pipeline Burgas-Alexandroupolis Welcomes New CEO
- » Bulgarian Energy Ministry to Review Westinghouse Contract
- » Bulgaria Coalition Partners to Back Ivan Ivanov as Energy Committee Head
- » EU Commission Accuses Bulgarian Energy Holding of Gas Market Abuse
- » Dismantling of Bulgarian NPP Kozloduy's Smaller Units Starts
- » Drilling at Bulgaria's Khan Asparuh to Begin in February 2016