Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Part of Europe Left Without Gas Due to the Explosion in Austria
- » Bulgargaz Wants to Raise the Gas Price by 3% from January
- » EUR 60 million is the Estimated Value of the Pipeline for the New Gas Connection with Greece
- » Improving Energy Efficiency is One of the Main Goals of Bulgaria
- » Denmark Passes Law that Could Ban Russian Pipeline From Going Through its Waters
- » Eurostat: Bulgarians use the Cheapest Electricity in the EU