Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Project Company South Stream Bulgaria AD Is Still Operational - CEO
- » Lifespan of Kozloduy NPP Units 5, 6 May Be Extended by at least 20 Years
- » Life Extension of Units 5, 6 of Kozloduy NPP Proceeds as Planned- Watchdog Chair
- » Westinghouse Voted BBLF Member
- » Bulgaria Hopes to Revise Contracts with AES, ContourGlobal Units by end-March
- » Bulgaria to Host EU 'Energy Summit' - Deputy PM Tomislav Donchev