Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Bulgaria’s State-Owned Maritsa East 2 TPP Reported Loss of BGN 38.6 M in 2014
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea for Gas Ring with Romania, Hungary, Slovakia
- » Bulgaria May Be Connected To Turkish Stream – Energy Committee Head
- » Lukoil CEO Urges Fight against Shadow Carbon Pricing
- » Plevneliev Welcomes Upgrade of Russia’s Lukoil Bulgarian Refinery Neftochim
- » Sofia Heating Utility Fined BGN 125 000 for Abuse of Dominant Position