Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Bulgarian Energy Board to Hold First Session
- » Power of Siberia Pipeline Construction Kicks Off
- » Less than 5% of Bulgaria's Gas Needs Covered by Local Production
- » Bulgarian Energy Holding, CEZ, to Discuss Varna TPP Life Extension
- » Coal Miners Protest Decision for Early Suspension of Bobov Dol TPP Unit
- » EU Commissioner: Russia Must Guarantee Gas Supplies, Ukraine Secure Transit