Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Gazprom Puts Forward New South Stream Route
- » Bulgaria's NEK Repays EUR 309 M Debt to Local Unit of U.S.-based AES Corp
- » Bulgaria’s BEH Signs EUR 535 M Loan Deal to Repay Debt to Units of AES, ContourGlobal
- » Competition Regulator Carries out Inspection at OMV Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Competition Watchdog Conducts Inspections at Shell, Eko
- » Noble Globetrotter II to Start Drilling for Gas off Bulgaria’s Coast in May