Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Asks Bulgarian Socialist Party to Stop Speculations About Tsankov Kamak
- » Bulgaria to Launch Tender to Sell Belene Nuclear Project Next Year
- » Bulgarian Minister of Energy: 'Energy Sector Needed Sustainability and Predictability'
- » Bulgargaz pedicts a 6% Decline in Natural Gas From October 1
- » Bulgaria’s Energy Regulator Ends Procedure for Withdrawing the License of EVN
- » The Use of Renewable Energy in Bulgaria Grew by Almost 10%