Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Bulgaria State Energy Cos to Save BGN 20 M This Year - Minister
- » Energy Watchdog Head Refuses to Resign Despite Pressure from Businesses
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Pledges New Control Unit to Prevent Energy Fraud Schemes
- » Employers’ Associations, Trade Unions to Renew Protests over New Power Prices in September
- » Bulgarian Energy Watchdog Head: Employers’ Associations Cater to Corporate Interests
- » Bulgaria to Cut Power Prices for Households by 0.11% from 1 August