Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » EU Commission Backs Construction of Bulgaria's "Balkan" Gas Hub
- » EU Energy Commissioner to Arrive on Two-Day Visit to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Can Use South Stream Project Co.’s Assets in Planned Gas Hub - Energy Minister
- » Russian Black Sea Pipeline Options 'Shouldn't Be Forgotten' - BulgarianDeputy PM
- » South Stream Bulgaria 'Keeps Spending Millions' Despite Project's Demise
- » TAP 'to Supply Gas to Central, SE Europe' via Bulgaria-Greece Link