Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Workers at Burgas-Based Mine Stage Protest over Unpaid Salaries
- » Eurocoal: Bulgaria's Coal Production Decreases over Past Few Years
- » Gazprom Injects EUR 100 M into South Stream Transport B.V.
- » Deputy PM Zaharieva: There Is No Agreement On South Stream Transit Fees
- » Bulgaria Exports 1/5 of its Electricity Production
- » Gazprom Also Cuts Gas Deliveries to Slovakia