Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » French, US Companies 'Interested' in Supplying Gas to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Expects Offers for EUR 650 M Loan to Energy Holding Co. in 2-3 Weeks
- » Agreement on Bulgaria-Greece Gas Interconnector to be Signed on December 10
- » Bulgaria, Slovakia to Demand Equal EU Treatment of Pipeline Projects
- » Bulgaria to Launch Direct Talks with Banks over Debt Financing of Energy Holding
- » Bulgaria Says Final Investment Decision Pending on Gas Link with Greece