Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Foreign Ministers of Serbia, Hungary Cite South Stream as Project of Mutual Interest
- » South Stream 'No Longer A Priority' for Italy
- » Construction Permit, Environmental Impact Assessment of Belene NPP Expire
- » Westinghouse Deputy VP Arrives in Bulgaria
- » Bulgargaz Has No Reason to Seek 2% Price Hike, Regulator Says
- » Bulgargaz Asks For 2.07% Hike Of Gas Price