Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Russia Asks Bulgaria to Issue South Stream Construction Permits
- » South Stream Transport Terminates Production, Deliveries of Pipes
- » No Talks Yet On Gas Hub At Border with Bulgaria, Turkey’s Ambassador Says
- » Bulgaria Is Blameless For South Stream – MP
- » Energy Ministers of Bulgaria, Russia to Discuss South Stream over Phone
- » Minimum Wage in Bulgaria Increases to BGN 380 by Mid-2015