Bulgaria's Energy Watchdog Pledges No Power Price Hike
There will be no price hike for the electricity in Bulgaria, said Elenko Bozhkov of the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR).
Bozhkov denied the speculations that there will be a steep increase in the electricity prices after the European elections in May. “There will be no price hike – neither now, nor in the future,” he said in the morning talkshow of Bulgaria's public TV channel BNT.
According to him, the only price changes to be discussed by DKEVR in the near future are those of natural gas.
Meanwhile, representatives of the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association warned that the electricity prices will go up by 13% by the end of the year.
- » Bulgaria Says Gas Link with Romania to Be Completed in Autumn 2016
- » Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria to Test Bi-Directional Gas Flows by Year's End
- » Moody's Upgrades Bulgarian Energy Holding's Rating
- » Iran Looking into Bulgaria's Nuclear Offer
- » Bulgarian PM Mulls Cabinet Reshuffle
- » Bulgaria's Socialists Demand Restart of Belene Nuclear Project