Contactless Payments On The Rise in Europe
The European consumers made more than 340 million contacltess payments in 2013, shows the data of Visa Europe.
The sum spent via contactless payments increased threefold and reached EUR 453 M.
The growth is explained with the increasing popularity of such type of payments.
The service is gaining popularity in Bulgaria as well. By January this year the banks have issued more than 50 000 contactless cards, which can be used at more than 5200 POS terminals.
The total number of such cards in Europe is 80 million and the terminals are more than 1.3 million.
- » KTB Directors: BNB Report Is 'A Lampoon'
- » Deposits In Bulgaria's Banks Up BGN 531 M In September
- » Bulgaria Is Second Favorite Destination Among Russians
- » Bulgaria Threatens to Terminate Contract for Struma Motorway Lot 4
- » 20 Bulgarian Companies to Build Infrastructure for Qatar's 2022 FIFA World Cup
- » Audit Finds BGN 4.2 B Impairment Costs on KTB Balance Sheet, Bulgaria C. Bank Says