Contactless Payments On The Rise in Europe
The European consumers made more than 340 million contacltess payments in 2013, shows the data of Visa Europe.
The sum spent via contactless payments increased threefold and reached EUR 453 M.
The growth is explained with the increasing popularity of such type of payments.
The service is gaining popularity in Bulgaria as well. By January this year the banks have issued more than 50 000 contactless cards, which can be used at more than 5200 POS terminals.
The total number of such cards in Europe is 80 million and the terminals are more than 1.3 million.
- » Bulgarian President Welcomes Updates to State Budget, Health Fund
- » Bulgarian Constitutional Court to Revoke 20% Fee on Solar, Wind Power
- » Petrol Engine Cars – Most Popular in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Carriers to Block Sofia's Exits at 3pm on Friday
- » Bulgarian Lawmakers Agree to Update State Budget
- » Motorcycle Police to Enforce Traffic Regulations on BG Roads