Contactless Payments On The Rise in Europe
The European consumers made more than 340 million contacltess payments in 2013, shows the data of Visa Europe.
The sum spent via contactless payments increased threefold and reached EUR 453 M.
The growth is explained with the increasing popularity of such type of payments.
The service is gaining popularity in Bulgaria as well. By January this year the banks have issued more than 50 000 contactless cards, which can be used at more than 5200 POS terminals.
The total number of such cards in Europe is 80 million and the terminals are more than 1.3 million.
- » Bulgaria MPs Set Up Committee to Investigate Fuels Market, Bobov Dol Mine
- » Tax Declarations To Be Filed Electronically Only As Of 2017
- » Romania Arrests 7 Murfatlar Shareholders, Managers for Tax Evasion
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Recalls 8,269 Vinegar Bottles
- » Bulgaria MPs Agree to Increase Cigarette Prices
- » Bulgarian ex-EconMin Indicted over Abandoned Belene Nuclear Plant