Contactless Payments On The Rise in Europe
The European consumers made more than 340 million contacltess payments in 2013, shows the data of Visa Europe.
The sum spent via contactless payments increased threefold and reached EUR 453 M.
The growth is explained with the increasing popularity of such type of payments.
The service is gaining popularity in Bulgaria as well. By January this year the banks have issued more than 50 000 contactless cards, which can be used at more than 5200 POS terminals.
The total number of such cards in Europe is 80 million and the terminals are more than 1.3 million.
- » Pipelaying Vessel for South Stream to Dock at Burgas
- » Lozana Vasileva Named State Fund Agriculture Executive Director
- » Protest Rally in Sofia Demands KTB Reopening
- » Coal Miners Protest Decision for Early Suspension of Bobov Dol TPP Unit
- » EU Commissioner: Russia Must Guarantee Gas Supplies, Ukraine Secure Transit
- » Bulgaria Reported FDI of EUR 22 948 M by December 31, 2013