Contactless Payments On The Rise in Europe
The European consumers made more than 340 million contacltess payments in 2013, shows the data of Visa Europe.
The sum spent via contactless payments increased threefold and reached EUR 453 M.
The growth is explained with the increasing popularity of such type of payments.
The service is gaining popularity in Bulgaria as well. By January this year the banks have issued more than 50 000 contactless cards, which can be used at more than 5200 POS terminals.
The total number of such cards in Europe is 80 million and the terminals are more than 1.3 million.
- » French Companies 'Could Move China-Based Plants to Bulgaria' - EconMin
- » Bulgaria, Romania Plan Opening Joint Tourist Centre in China
- » Minister: Drop of Russian Tourists to Be Compensated by European Visitors
- » France's Total Signs Framework Deal to Enhance Education at Two Bulgarian Universities
- » Foreign Direct Investment in Bulgaria Down 6.9% Y/Y in Jan-Feb 2015
- » Israel Offers Bulgaria Collaboration on Medical Cannabis R&D