Warm Weather Might Bring Losses to Bulgaria's NPP
The decreased electricity consumption might bring BGN 8 M losses to Bulgaria's nuclear power plant Kozlodui.
Because of the unusually warm weather and low electricity consumption, Bulgaria's Electricity System Operator ordered the limiting of energy production by all power stations.
According to Kozlodui director Ivan Genov, Unit 6 of the NPP runs at decreased capacity and this might continue until mid-April when Unit 5 will be temporarily shut down for repairs.
“If this happens, the power station would lose BGN 8 M,” Genov said and added that he hopes that the problem with the decreased power consumption to be solved by the end of this week.
Currently Unit 5 works at full capacity in order to burn out its fuel.
Meanwhile, the electricity operator ordered that all renewable energy sources power station decrease their capacity by 60% on Thursday.
- » Oettinger Pledges Full Support for Bulgaria's Energy Board
- » South Stream Bulgaria Halts Commissioning Activities
- » Bulgaria's Energy Board to Start Functioning in а Week
- » South Stream Bulgaria JV Raises Capital Despite Ban
- » Bulgarian Miners Urge Caretaker PM to Lift Shale Gas Ban
- » Bulgaria Plans Pricing Talks with Green Energy Producers, Maritza East