US to Assist Bulgaria in Cybersecurity System Establishment
Bulgaria will work for the establishment of a comprehensive cybersecurity system in cooperation with the United States, the Ministry of Interior announced.
Bulgaria's Deputy Prime Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev has met with Alejandro Mayorkas, Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security, Julia Pierson, Director of US Secret Service and other senior officials in order to discuss cybersecurity and joint projects in the field of border security.
Bulgaria has considered the establishment of a system for cyber defense, state systems protection and Critical Infrastructure and Objects of Protection, as well as the provision of the necessary conditions for interaction between the various components of the system.
Special attention was paid to the US government experience in the development of public-private partnership in the field of cybersecurity. The US Homeland Security, the Secret Service, as well as the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications have expressed their readiness to support Bulgaria in the establishment of such system.
Currently, Bulgaria's Interior Ministry is working on several different border projects in cooperation with the US Department of Homeland Security, focusing on immigration control and reduction, and monitoring of persons possibly involved in Middle East terrorist activities.
- » NATO Ministers Agree to Beef up Defence Posture on Eastern Flank
- » Defence Ministers Expected to Agree on Enhanced NATO Presence in East
- » Joint Air Policing to Make Bulgaria ‘More Reliable’ NATO Ally, Def Min Says
- » Bulgarian MPs Approve Participation of Allied Aircraft in Joint Air Policing Missions
- » Bulgaria Govt Nominates Constantin Popov as Next Chief of Defense
- » Lt. Gen. Constantin Popov Nominated for Bulgarian Chief of Defence
Hahahahaha, that's hilarious - but you are a bit early, Novinite. You should have waited until 1 April to publish this news. Oh, this is serious? Well, then tell us the whole truth: the cybersecurity system of the NSA will be implemented by - Mr. Peevski. (After all, we are in Bulgaria)