Bomb Squad Disarms Bomb in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
The police bomb squad sealed off a street and disarmed a bomb near a parked car in the center of Plovdiv.
Observant members of the public noticed a package with cables sticking out under the car and alerted the authorities on Thursday morning.
According to the reports in Bulgarian-language media, the car is owned by the local lawyer Evelina Bozhikova.
Bozhikova told the media she doesn't know who or why would try and bomb her car. According to her neighbours, however, last year there was another bomb threat for Bozhikova. Her husband said there was another threat in 2011.
- » At Least 23 Civilians from One Family were Killed by the US Coalition in Syria Air Strike
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan