Bomb Squad Disarms Bomb in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
The police bomb squad sealed off a street and disarmed a bomb near a parked car in the center of Plovdiv.
Observant members of the public noticed a package with cables sticking out under the car and alerted the authorities on Thursday morning.
According to the reports in Bulgarian-language media, the car is owned by the local lawyer Evelina Bozhikova.
Bozhikova told the media she doesn't know who or why would try and bomb her car. According to her neighbours, however, last year there was another bomb threat for Bozhikova. Her husband said there was another threat in 2011.
- » Bulgaria's Customs Agency Seizes 8,000 L of Dyed Fuel
- » Trafficking of 30 Endangered Jaco Parrots Prevented at Bulgarian Border
- » Bulgarians Sentenced in France over Gas Pump Skimming Attempt
- » Police Destroys Almost 10 T Of Cannabis Near Petrich
- » Sofia Court Delays Ruling on Anti-Putin Activist’s Extradition
- » Crime Rates in Bulgaria's Sofia on the Rise