Bomb Squad Disarms Bomb in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
The police bomb squad sealed off a street and disarmed a bomb near a parked car in the center of Plovdiv.
Observant members of the public noticed a package with cables sticking out under the car and alerted the authorities on Thursday morning.
According to the reports in Bulgarian-language media, the car is owned by the local lawyer Evelina Bozhikova.
Bozhikova told the media she doesn't know who or why would try and bomb her car. According to her neighbours, however, last year there was another bomb threat for Bozhikova. Her husband said there was another threat in 2011.
- » Head of Sofia Regional Court to Resign
- » NW Bulgarian Gangs 'Specialized in People Smuggling'
- » Ex Head of Bulgaria's Medical Military Academy Gets New Indictment
- » Bulgarian National Shortlisted in Europol Advent Calendar
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe