Bomb Squad Disarms Bomb in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
The police bomb squad sealed off a street and disarmed a bomb near a parked car in the center of Plovdiv.
Observant members of the public noticed a package with cables sticking out under the car and alerted the authorities on Thursday morning.
According to the reports in Bulgarian-language media, the car is owned by the local lawyer Evelina Bozhikova.
Bozhikova told the media she doesn't know who or why would try and bomb her car. According to her neighbours, however, last year there was another bomb threat for Bozhikova. Her husband said there was another threat in 2011.
- » Bulgaria’s Prosecuting Authority Starts Probe Over Bribe Claims of Defense Minister
- » Bulgaria Counter-Terrorism Officer Detained at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarian Midwife Remains in Detention after Severely Wounding Baby
- » Sofia Appellate Court Upholds Judge Chenalova's Release on Bail
- » Attacker of Bulgarian Politician Ahmed Dogan Conclusively Sentenced to 3 1/2 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Detains 17 Illegal Immigrants Near Stara Zagora