Turkey Train Crash Kills 9
At least 9 people have been killed and several more injured when a passenger train collided with a minibus at a crossing near the Mediterranean port city of Mersin.
The accident happened on Thursday morning, when a shuttle bus was passing through a railway crossing near an industrial zone between the cities of Mersin and Tarsus, the Hurriyet Daily reports.
All of the casualties and injured are believed to have been on the bus, while the train passengers are safe, the BBC adds.
One possible reason for the accident may have been a lifted barrier at the crossing.
- » EP Approves Association With Georgia, Calls Russia to Withdraw
- » European Council Approves Juncker's EUR 315 B Investment Plan
- » Lifting of Sanctions Against Russia Dependent on Ukrainian Integrity - EU
- » EU Slaps New Sanctions on Crimea Targeting Energy, Tourism
- » High Rates, Volatile Rouble Increase Risks to Russia’s Economy, Fitch Says
- » Putin Says Russia’s Economic Woes Will Be Over in Two Years