Turkey Train Crash Kills 9
At least 9 people have been killed and several more injured when a passenger train collided with a minibus at a crossing near the Mediterranean port city of Mersin.
The accident happened on Thursday morning, when a shuttle bus was passing through a railway crossing near an industrial zone between the cities of Mersin and Tarsus, the Hurriyet Daily reports.
All of the casualties and injured are believed to have been on the bus, while the train passengers are safe, the BBC adds.
One possible reason for the accident may have been a lifted barrier at the crossing.
- » Tsipras Ready to Submit Resignation Following Greek Referendum Results
- » Greece Confirms It Won't Pay EUR 1.6 B in Debt to IMF Tuesday
- » Greece’s Vote on Bailout Proposal: ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ to Eurozone Membership
- » Reuters: Banks in Greece’s Balkan Neighbours Operating as Usual
- » Egypt’s State Prosecutor Dies after Bomb Attack on His Convoy
- » EU Commission Finds Greek Capital Controls ‘Justified’