Sergei Lavrov: Crimean Accession to be Complete this Week
Russia’s Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov announced that all the practicalities surrounding Crimea’s accession into the Russian Federation will be completed this week.
“Currently, we are involved in practical implementation of the agreements on Crimea’s and Sevastopol’s accession to the Russian Federation. The legal process is due to be completed this week”, Lavrov said, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
On Wednesday, Russian President Vladimir Putin submitted a bill to the State Duma (Parliament) on the “adoption of the Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol into Russia”.
Meanwhile, the EU heads of state are gathering in Brussels on Thursday and Friday for their last summit before the EU elections in May. One of the main points of discussion will be the situation in Crimea and Ukraine.
- » FIFA Ethics Committee Provisionally Bans Blatter, Platini for 90 Days
- » Turkey Could Look Elsewhere for Gas Supplies, NPP Builder, Erdogan Tells Russia
- » Greek Government Wins Confidence Vote
- » Belarus President Refutes 'Russian Military Base' Reports
- » EU Launches Second Stage of Naval Operation Against Human Smugglers
- » Turkey to Step up Cooperation with Neighbours from EU on Migrants' Readmission