Fake Bomb Threat Evacuated Sofia Airport
A fake bomb threat emptied Sofia Airport on Wednesday afternoon.
According to the reports in Bulgarian-language media, someone called the emergency phone 112 and said there was a bomb at the airport. The airport authorities evacuated the buildings in accordance with the provisional plans for such cases.
Law enforcement agencies checked the perimeter and within an hour the airport resumed its normal operations.
- » Death Toll from Italian Earthquake Reaches 38
- » Earthquake of 6.2 Magnitude Shakes Central Italy, at least Five Dead
- » Forest Fires near Bulgaria's Harmanli Now Under Control
- » Bulgarian TV Journalist Dimitar Tsonev Dies at 56
- » Bulgarian Mountaineer Boyan Petrov Injured in Car Accident - Radio
- » Army Servicemen Join Firefighters to Battle Forest Blaze in Bulgaria's Harmanli Municipality