Fake Bomb Threat Evacuated Sofia Airport
A fake bomb threat emptied Sofia Airport on Wednesday afternoon.
According to the reports in Bulgarian-language media, someone called the emergency phone 112 and said there was a bomb at the airport. The airport authorities evacuated the buildings in accordance with the provisional plans for such cases.
Law enforcement agencies checked the perimeter and within an hour the airport resumed its normal operations.
- » French Officials Deny Video Footage Found at Germanwings Plane Crash Site
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Allocates BGN 14 M for Natural Disaster Relief
- » Minor Earthquake Hits Southern Bulgaria
- » Sofia Declared Best Bulgarian City to Live in for 2014
- » Another Six Pelicans Die at Bulgaria's Srebarna Nature Reserve
- » Bulgarian National TV Begins Preparations for Hosting Junior Eurovision