Seven Dead After Gunman Storms Turkey's Statistics Office
A gunman killed 6 people and committed suicide after storming a statistics office in Turkey's city of Kars.
Turkish newspaper Hurriyet Daily News reports that several others were injured.
The man was a former state employee who had been dismissed from work as a psychologist at the Turkish Statistics Institute (TUIK), according to reports by state broadcaster TRT Haber quoted by the World Bulletin.
Kars Governor Eyup Tepe ruled out that there could have been a terrorist attack.
Victims reportedly died after an being taken hostage by the man, who had previously had an argument with the regional head of TUIK.
TUIK's local manager had been killed in the attack.
- » Clashes between Protesters and Police Raise Turmoil in Athens
- » Berlin Allegedly Would Save EUR 1 B Following Athens Crisis
- » Tsipras Calls on Greeks to Reject Proposals of Creditors in Sunday Referendum
- » Bulgaria, Macedonia to Discuss Launching Joint Tourism Packages
- » EUObserver: Bulgarian Lev Makes Inroads in Greece
- » Greece Bailout Referendum: 'Yes' Campaign Picks Up Pace