Seven Dead After Gunman Storms Turkey's Statistics Office
A gunman killed 6 people and committed suicide after storming a statistics office in Turkey's city of Kars.
Turkish newspaper Hurriyet Daily News reports that several others were injured.
The man was a former state employee who had been dismissed from work as a psychologist at the Turkish Statistics Institute (TUIK), according to reports by state broadcaster TRT Haber quoted by the World Bulletin.
Kars Governor Eyup Tepe ruled out that there could have been a terrorist attack.
Victims reportedly died after an being taken hostage by the man, who had previously had an argument with the regional head of TUIK.
TUIK's local manager had been killed in the attack.
- » Stagnant Eurozone Economy to Hamper Growth in CESEE Region, IMF Says
- » Russia Still Ready to Build Gas Pipeline to Southern Europe, Lavrov Says
- » Bulgaria Signs Protocol on EU’s Readmission Agreement with Turkey
- » Turkey PM to Stand Down after Party Congress in May
- » Davutoglu's Future as Turkey PM Unclear As AKP Congress Scheduled
- » ECB to Stop Producing EUR 500 Note