Seven Dead After Gunman Storms Turkey's Statistics Office
A gunman killed 6 people and committed suicide after storming a statistics office in Turkey's city of Kars.
Turkish newspaper Hurriyet Daily News reports that several others were injured.
The man was a former state employee who had been dismissed from work as a psychologist at the Turkish Statistics Institute (TUIK), according to reports by state broadcaster TRT Haber quoted by the World Bulletin.
Kars Governor Eyup Tepe ruled out that there could have been a terrorist attack.
Victims reportedly died after an being taken hostage by the man, who had previously had an argument with the regional head of TUIK.
TUIK's local manager had been killed in the attack.
- » Angela Merkel Severely Criticized Countries Unwilling to Accept More Refugees
- » Czech Republic Refuses to Admit Refugees from Turkey
- » German Vice Chancellor Sigmar Gabriel Criticizes Merkel's Migration Policy
- » Germany Expects No More than 300 Refugees By End Year
- » Alexis Tsipras: EU is Sleepwalker, Closing In on the Abyss
- » Hungary Proposes to Send Police to Help Serbia Guard Borders against Migrants