Passengers at Sofia Airport Up 9% Y/Y in February 2014
Sofia Airport registered a 9% year-on-year increase in the number of processed passengers in February 2014.
In February 2014, Sofia Airport processed a total of 258 709 passengers, up by 21 000 from February 2013, according to a media statement of the airport.
There was an 11% increase in the number of passengers using regular flights and it was due to the increase in the frequency of weekly flights of some airline companies.
There was a 5% increase in flights to the Black Sea cities of Varna and Burgas.
In February 2014, a total of 2977 aircraft landed at Sofia Airport, up by 5.2% from 2013.
Sofia Airport reported an increase in regular international flights by 12% and a decrease in tourist charter flights by 8% in February 2014.
The summer flight schedule of Sofia Airport takes effect on March 30, 2014, offering convenient flight connections to 47 international destinations serviced by 22 airline companies.
The introduction of the 2014 summer flight schedule will be marked with the launch of a new regular flight Sofia-Belgrade.
Later during the season, two new direct flights will be launched from Sofia Airport.
As of mid-May, Wizz Air will offer direct flights twice a week to Malmo, and as of June, Sofia Airport will offer direct flights to Zagreb.
- » Banks to Repay KTB Deposits Unveiled
- » Business In Bulgaria Pays Sixth Lowest Taxes In Europe - Survey
- » Sofia City Court Halts Insolvency Proceedings at KTB
- » Bulgarian Industrial Association Slams Reintroduction Of Bank Deposit Tax
- » Bulgaria's Textile Industry Expects Further Growth
- » Finance Minister Denies Reports of Ivan Iskrov's Appointment To Black Sea Trade and Development Bank