Bulgaria's EDCs: We Are Concerned About the Energy Sector
Two of three of Bulgaria's electricity distribution companies (EDCs), EVN and CEZ, expressed their concern with the situation with the country's energy sectors.
The two, plus Energo-Pro, are threatened with losing their licenses, unless they pay to Bulgaria's National Electricity Company (NEK) BGN 318 M by the end of today.
Earlier today EVN transferred to NEK BGN 32 M with the stipulation that is providing short-term liquidity to NEK, which is allegedly in grave financial situation.
“The crisis of Bulgaria's energy sector is not created by us and it can only be overcome by changing the rules of the system,” said the chairperson of the managerial board of EVN Bulgaria, Joerg Sollfelner. „Without waiving our rights regarding our claims, EVN will help for the establishing of those new rules, by providing short term liquidity to NEK.“
Meanwhile, CEZ Bulgaria said in a message to the media, that the observation of their license obligation is their top priority. The company claimed it is strictly paying its dues.
“The companies in the CEZ group in Bulgaria have not stopped their payments to NEK and strictly observe their dues,” said the statement.
According to CEZ, one of the main problems is the unsolved dispute about the payments of the producers of “green energy”.
“We are concerned with the current situation,” said Petr Dokladal, Chairman and Regional Manager of CEZ Bulgaria, quoted by the company's press office. “There is a problem in the sector and we have repeatedly warned the competent organs, including the State Commission for Energy and Water Regulation (DKEVR). We expect that the current problem be solved in a constructive and transparent manner.”
- » EU Funding is Available for Bulgarian Gas Hub Construction, Minister Petkova says
- » Lukoil Bulgaria Threatens to Sue Risk Management Lab over Damaging Allegations
- » Launch of Power Exchange Will Not Lead to 30-40% Price Spike – Watchdog Chair
- » OMV Interested in Using Bulgarian Pipes to Transport Romanian Gas
- » Macedonia Will Only Join Turkish Stream amid Agreement between Russia, EU on it - Gruevski
- » Lukoil 'Manipulating Bulgaria Oil, Diesel Fuel Prices' - ex-PM