Bulgaria To Set Up Cultural Police
Bulgaria will set up a police task force, responsible for cultural matter, said Culture Minister Petar Stoyanovich.
It will be similar to Italy's cultural police and its main goal will be combating art theft, treasure hunters and the illegal export of artifacts.
“We have set up inter-departmental group, which includes the Culture Ministry, Interior Ministry, the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Prosecutor's Office,” Stoyanovich said. “I hope that we will set up the new task force shortly. We are drawing from Italy's experience on the matter.”
- » Cherry Poppin' Daddies To Play In Sofia Again
- » Sozopol Hosts 30-th Edition of Apollonia Art Festival
- » Bulgarian Authorities 'Abdicated' Culture - Interim Minister
- » Sofia's Cultural Calendar Swelling with Performaces in End-August
- » Bulgarian Orthodox Christians Honor St. Ivan Rilski
- » Photo Exhibition Of Sofia's Old Public Baths To Be Set Up