Bulgaria To Set Up Cultural Police
Bulgaria will set up a police task force, responsible for cultural matter, said Culture Minister Petar Stoyanovich.
It will be similar to Italy's cultural police and its main goal will be combating art theft, treasure hunters and the illegal export of artifacts.
“We have set up inter-departmental group, which includes the Culture Ministry, Interior Ministry, the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Prosecutor's Office,” Stoyanovich said. “I hope that we will set up the new task force shortly. We are drawing from Italy's experience on the matter.”
- » Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson to Open Plovdiv Salon of Arts in September
- » Azam Ali to Perform in Sofia in October
- » Rozhen Folklore Fair Begins Near Bulgaria's Smolyan
- » Bansko Jazz Festival to Feature Musicians from 3 Continents
- » Kyustendil Honours Famous Bulgarian Painter with Large-Scale Portrait on Square
- » Protesters Continue to Demand Resignation of Bulgaria's Culture Minister