Bulgaria To Set Up Cultural Police
Bulgaria will set up a police task force, responsible for cultural matter, said Culture Minister Petar Stoyanovich.
It will be similar to Italy's cultural police and its main goal will be combating art theft, treasure hunters and the illegal export of artifacts.
“We have set up inter-departmental group, which includes the Culture Ministry, Interior Ministry, the State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Prosecutor's Office,” Stoyanovich said. “I hope that we will set up the new task force shortly. We are drawing from Italy's experience on the matter.”
- » More Tickets Released Prior to The Godfather Screening
- » Sofia Court Approves Dismantling of 1300 Years Bulgaria Monument
- » Nigel Kennedy to Present Hendrix Project in Sofia on May 10
- » Evolutionary Biologist Richard Dawkins to Give Lecture at Sofia Science Fetsival
- » Julio Iglesias Will Share Stage with Eldest Son at Sofia Concert
- » Bulgaria's The Sinking of Sozopol Gets Seven Nominations at New York City International Film Festival