Bulgaria's Child Protection Agency Devotes 2014 to Children's Rights
State Agency for Child Protection declared 2014 the children's rights year in Bulgaria.
Following the example of the United Nations, the State Agency chair Eva Zhecheva launched the initiative which dedicates each month to the protection of two specific children's rights, Bulgarian National Radio (BNR) informs.
The initiative includes information campaigns, children's competitions, conferences, discussions and meetings between the responsible institutions in different cities in Bulgaria. It will include refugee children in the country, as well.
"We are one of the first countries to introduce the definition of children's best interests in our national legislation. Progress has been made in the coordination of the Law on Child Protection with the UN Convention," Zhecheva told BNR.
The campaign will be held under the patronage of Deputy Prime Minister Daniela Bobeva and is dedicated to the 25th anniversary of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- » Plovdiv to Host 56th National Archaeological Conference
- » Foreign Students of Bulgaria Descent with Access to Bulgarian Universities
- » Emergency hospital Pirogov to Receive as Donation First Ambulance for Newborns and Children in Bulgaria
- » Today it Will be Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures 20°-25°
- » Sofia Hosts World Congress in Viticulture and Winemaking
- » 4 People Dead, 15 Injured in Road Accidents During the Past Day