Bulgaria's Deal-a-Day Websites Record 20% Growth in 2013
Bulgaria's daily deals websites recorded a 20% increase in transactions in 2013, according to data provided by the three major local e-commerce sites.
There is a 50% increase in credit card payments, although Easypay remains the preferred method of payment.
The tourist offers represent 65% to 70% of the total sales, most of the sold vouchers are for holidays in Bulgaria, followed by those in Greece.
Second in terms of sales are the vouchers in the beauty category, which includes offers for manicure, hairdressers, cosmetics and others.
"The upward trend from last year continues in the first months of 2014, and I expect that the 20% growth will be preserved during this period," Teodor Kafedzhiev, owner of such website, told Bulgarian News Agency.
According to him, the reasons behind the increase of sales are the realistic value added and the fact that in 2013, customers managed to save some BGN 18M using the deal-a-day platform.
The daily deals sites traffic shows that the interest in this type of platforms increases significantly before holidays, when customers are actively shopping tourist vouchers.
- » Bulgaria Plans to Introduce '9' as Single Contract Number at Hotels Within Month
- » Bulgaria Expects 1.2%/GDP Budget Surplus as of End-April
- » Mines in Bulgaria’s Madan, Zlatograd Suffered Millions in Damage due to Power Cuts in March
- » Bulgartransgaz to Open Bids for Interconnector Turkey –Bulgaria on May 8
- » Bulgarians Made More Card Payments Abroad around Easter
- » Requests for Increasing Electricity, Heating Prices Are Unfounded – Bulgaria’s Deputy PM