EBRD to Grant More Money to Bulgaria in 2015
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development is planning to put aside more funds for Bulgaria in 2015.
Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev announced this after meeting the institution's chief, Suma Chakrabarti, in London, the website Expert.bg has reported.
EBRD's new strategy toward Bulgaria will be aimed at making improvements to a range of policies, including public procurement, efficient support of SMEs, diversification of energy supplies, food production and management of water resources.
It will also boost the capacity of its Fund for Local Authorities and Governments (known as FLAG), which provides assistance to municipalities backing local-level projects.
Presently, the financial institution allocates between BGN 200 and 250 M to Bulgaria.
At EBRD President Plevneliev met more than 20 Bulgarian professionals working in different sectors of the institutions.
On Tuesday, the second day of his visit to the UK, Rosen Plevneliev is to meet Queen Elizabeth II. The Buckingham Palace is to open its doors for him at 10:00 GMT.
The President will become the second Bulgarian head of state to meet Queen Elizabeth II after she received Petar Stoyanov in 2001.
On 19 March, President Plevneliev will deliver a speech on the process of European and Euro-Atlantic integration in South-Eastern Europe at Chatham House.
President Plevneliev will also meet British political leaders, among whom are Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, Foreign Secretary William Hague, the Speaker of Parliament John Bercow, Ministers and senior officials from the Departments for Business, Innovation and Skills and the Foreign Office. The British Ambassador to Bulgaria, Jonathan Allen, is also accompanying the President on his visit.
- » Moldpres: These are the new Moldova Ambassadors to France and the USA
- » F-16 Thunderbird plane crashes at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base ahead of air show
- » Professor Plame Pavlov, historian: Macedonia can’t exist without Bulgaria, and Bulgaria can’t exist without Macedonia – they are two part of one whole.
- » General Kircho Kirov: The condition of the Bulgarian Special forces and Army is very disturbing
- » Shells from Syria fall in Golan Heights
- » Dozens of families in Camden tower blocks refuse to leave