Bulgaria's Teteven Mayor Under Arrest
The mayor of Bulgarian town Teteven, Milen Milev and his deputies have been arrested by officers of the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
The Regional Prosecution in Lovech has revealed that there are criminal proceedings under way against Milen Milev, Detelin Parlev, Levchana Hadzhieva, and Desislav Tsvetanov, but did not specify on what charges.
The head of the Municipal Council of Teteven, Madlena Boyadzhieva, claimed in front of bTV that the arrests were on the grounds of violations in public procurement procedures.
Milev is mayor of Teteven since 2011, with a candidacy from the National Agrarian Union, with the support of the former ruling GERB party. Prior to that, he has been involved in the sugar business.
The Teteven mayor has had a shady past in his business days, having been wanted by the police on several occasions, Dnevnik.bg reveals.
- » Car Explodes in Yahinovo Village, One Person Detained
- » Sofia Regional Prosecutor’s Office Detains 49-year-old Man Accused of Murder in Etropole Town
- » About 10 Cars Burn Down at a Parking Lot on Montevideo Str.
- » Man and Woman Detained For the Murder of the Taxi Driver in Varna
- » Taxi Driver Found Dead In His car in the Region of Varna
- » Customs Officers Found 3720 kg of Acetic Anhydride Hidden in Trucks Carrying Apples from Serbia to Iraq
The Mayors (feudal lords in their own little fiefdoms) have been skimming and lording it above all and in every region in BG. Somehow they feel that it is their priviledge and their justifiable right to do so. Fiefs in their little fiefdoms? More like thiefs in their little fiefdoms! So that probably earns them a title of "Chief Thief".