Bulgaria's Film Industry Demands BGN 6.2 M Budget Increase
Bulgaria's film community has issued a declaration calling for an immediate increase by BGN 6 220 000 of the state aid for the film industry.
According to local filmmakers, the increase in the budget for the sector will make it possible for Bulgarian cinema to achieve sustainable development and to contribute to the country's economic growth.
In an open letter to Bulgarian ministers, the leaders of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), the liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), and center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), filmmakers say that the money stipulated in the budget do not match the state aid scheme notified by the European Commission, according to reports of Darik radio.
The Bulgarian film community notes that the sector multiplies the public funding it has been given, boosts employment and encourages an increase in added value of the GDP.
Bulgarian film industry representatives argue that the countries relying on sustainable economic growth make long-term investments in sectors which can generate added value for the economy.
- » Sofia Hosts Third International Literary Festival Between November 25-December 13
- » Malta Wins 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest Hosted by Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Hosts Final of 2015 Junior Eurovision Song Contest on Saturday
- » Postponed Junior Eurovision Opening Ceremony Due on November 17
- » Bulgarian Theatre Night Kicks Off on November 21
- » Junior Eurovision Opening Ceremony Postponed over Paris Attacks