Bulgaria's Film Industry Demands BGN 6.2 M Budget Increase
Bulgaria's film community has issued a declaration calling for an immediate increase by BGN 6 220 000 of the state aid for the film industry.
According to local filmmakers, the increase in the budget for the sector will make it possible for Bulgarian cinema to achieve sustainable development and to contribute to the country's economic growth.
In an open letter to Bulgarian ministers, the leaders of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP), the liberal party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), and center-right party GERB (Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria), filmmakers say that the money stipulated in the budget do not match the state aid scheme notified by the European Commission, according to reports of Darik radio.
The Bulgarian film community notes that the sector multiplies the public funding it has been given, boosts employment and encourages an increase in added value of the GDP.
Bulgarian film industry representatives argue that the countries relying on sustainable economic growth make long-term investments in sectors which can generate added value for the economy.
- » Whitesnake Embarks on Purple Tour, to Visit Bulgaria in November
- » Bulgaria Emerging from Isolation, PM Says in Louvre
- » Anastacia Expected in Sofia Prior to First Ever Concert in Bulgaria
- » Exhibition of Thracian Treasures from Bulgaria to Open in Louvre
- » Bulgarian Wins Mural Art Competition in Australia’s Sheffield
- » Bulgarian Folklore Tradition: Every House With New Clay Pot on Good Friday