Bulgaria Last but One in EU by Perceived Judicial Independence
Bulgaria is last but one in the European Union by citizens' trust in the independence of the judiciary, according to the 2014 EU Justice Scoreboard.
According to the report of the European Commission, which evaluates the quality, efficiency and independence of the judicial systems in the EU on an annual basis, the level of perceived judicial independence in Bulgaria decreased over the past two years.
Only Slovakia performs worse than Bulgaria in the sphere of perceived independence of the judiciary.
Bulgaria is preceded by Romania in the ranking. Romania has improved its score in the sphere of perceived judicial independence over the past two years.
Bulgaria is also last but one in the EU by budget for courts, followed by Romania.
At the same time, Bulgaria ranks fourth by number of judges per capita.
Upon presenting the 2014 EU Justice Scoreboard, Viviane Reding, Vice-President of the European Commission Commissioner for Justice, Fundamental Rights and Citizenship, drew attention to the worrying downward trend in perceived judicial independence in some countries where reforms were ongoing.
- » Bulgaria will Lose BGN 70 Million from the EU for Education and Science
- » The President Rumen Radev to Meet the Vice-President of the European Commission
- » The Minister of Transport and Information Technologies to Work for 5G Mobile Network in Bulgaria
- » Maria Gabriel: 'No One in Brussels Knows About the Scandal in Relation to NDK'
- » It is Expected Italy to Confirm its Position About Accepting Bulgaria in Schengen
- » Bulgarian Leaders to Take Place in a Trilateral Summit in Thessaloniki
Bulgaria has 3 advantages for business:
1. Cheap salaries - we pay our workers 250 euro per month and they are delighted that at least we pay them on time every month, unlike BG companies.
2. Low taxes - The infrastructure is on par with many African countries but hey, at least i'm only paying 10% corporate tax. The govt might steal half of that but that's not my problem.
3. Cheap pussy - Women here are not hot like Russians or Ukrainians in fact i think they are pretty unattractive in general but at least they're cheap and when our managers come in for a site visit they leave satisfied.
Other than that this country doesn't offer much to the foreign investor. The people are real savages with low education, skills and personal hygiene but at least they're cheap and there are no duties when shipping our products to the EU.