Bulgaria to Use Threefold Faster Internet by September - Transport Min
Bulgaria will implement a broadband network project worth BGN 39.1M by September 2014, Transport Minister Danai Papazov pledged.
Once the infrastructure is ready, the current internet speed will increase from 30 mb/s to 100mb/s, Standart News reports.
"The new optical fiber cables will provide a new generation internet access," Minister Papazov said at a meeting in the Borovets resort.
The project is part of the e-government strategy and will be completed in September. The new generation of internet will be provided via 900 km cable lines, and will include 29 municipalities, 24 small towns and 295 offices of state and local administration.
Currently, Bulgaria’s internet is among the fastest worldwide, according to a number of ratings.
- » Bulgarian Energy Regulator Endorses Proposed 9.97% Cut in Gas Price for Q3 2016
- » 340 Danube Cruises to Pass Through Bulgaria's Ruse This Tourist Season
- » Bulgaria, US to Hold Joint Anti-Drug, Counter-Terrorism Training
- » Gazprom Ready for Turkish Stream Talks after Turkish Apology
- » S&P Downgrades UK Ratings, Revising Outlook
- » Bulgaria Should Host South Stream, Ex-President Says on Russia Visit