Bulgaria to Use Threefold Faster Internet by September - Transport Min
Bulgaria will implement a broadband network project worth BGN 39.1M by September 2014, Transport Minister Danai Papazov pledged.
Once the infrastructure is ready, the current internet speed will increase from 30 mb/s to 100mb/s, Standart News reports.
"The new optical fiber cables will provide a new generation internet access," Minister Papazov said at a meeting in the Borovets resort.
The project is part of the e-government strategy and will be completed in September. The new generation of internet will be provided via 900 km cable lines, and will include 29 municipalities, 24 small towns and 295 offices of state and local administration.
Currently, Bulgaria’s internet is among the fastest worldwide, according to a number of ratings.
- » Bulgaria's Caretaker Govt Slashes BGN 500M Public Investment Program by BGN 150M
- » Asarel Investment Gets Metallic Mineral Prospecting Permit for Borimechkovo
- » Europe to Rely Heavily on Russian Gas Until 2020 at Least, Fitch Says
- » Bulgaria's Imports from Russia Down 23% in H1, 2014
- » Bulgaria Decides to Set up Energy Board
- » Foreign Visitors To Bulgaria Increase In July