Bulgaria to Use Threefold Faster Internet by September - Transport Min
Bulgaria will implement a broadband network project worth BGN 39.1M by September 2014, Transport Minister Danai Papazov pledged.
Once the infrastructure is ready, the current internet speed will increase from 30 mb/s to 100mb/s, Standart News reports.
"The new optical fiber cables will provide a new generation internet access," Minister Papazov said at a meeting in the Borovets resort.
The project is part of the e-government strategy and will be completed in September. The new generation of internet will be provided via 900 km cable lines, and will include 29 municipalities, 24 small towns and 295 offices of state and local administration.
Currently, Bulgaria’s internet is among the fastest worldwide, according to a number of ratings.
- » The Average Value of Heat Invoices For Household Customers of EVN Heating Company in December 2017 is BGN 80.32
- » Forbes: Bitcoin Is Headed Lower - For Now
- » Ford Plans $11 billion Investment, 40 Electrified Vehicles by 2022
- » Volkswagen Brand Car Sales Hit Record 6.23 million in 2017
- » North Korea Requests Talks on Olympics with South on Jan. 17
- » Special Forecasting Event of The Economist Coming to Sofia