Bulgarian President on UK Visit, to Meet Queen Elizabeth II
Bulgaria’s President Rosen Plevneliev is on an official 3-day visit to the UK, where he will also meet with Queen Elizabeth II.
Plevneliev is accompanied by a business delegation who will attend a business forum organized by the UK Department for trade and investment.
On 18 March, the Foreign Secretary William Hague will host a reception for prominent Bulgarians in the UK and British citizens associated with Bulgaria. The guest list includes the mother of Plamen Petkov, who was recently awarded a posthumous bravery award by Queen Elizabeth II.
On 19 March, President Plevneliev will deliver a speech on the process of European and Euro-Atlantic integration in South-Eastern Europe at Chatham House.
President Plevneliev will also meet British political leaders, among whom are Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, Foreign Secretary William Hague, the Speaker of Parliament John Bercow, Ministers and senior officials from the Departments for Business, Innovation and Skills and the Foreign Office.
The British Ambassador to Bulgaria, Jonathan Allen, is also accompanying the President on his visit.
- » Bulgaria’s President to Visit Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina on April 21-23
- » Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov 'to Visit Emirates' in end-April
- » Bulgaria's Chief Prosecutor Visiting Macedonia
- » Bulgaria, Italy Urge Fairer Spreading of Migration Burden Within EU
- » Bulgarian PM, French President Discuss Energy, Security
- » Sarkozy to Bulgarian PM: 'You Have No Losses, You Only Have Victories'