Russian Parliament to Authorize Crimean Accession in Coming Days
The Russian Parliament is expected to pass legislation in the coming days regarding Crimea’s accession into its federation.
On Sunday, over 96% of Crimeans voted in favor of splitting from Ukraine, in a referendum, which was not internationally recognized.
Russian President Vladimir Putin will address the State Duma (Parliament) on Tuesday, on the issue of Crimea.
The referendum was monitored by 70 observers from 23 countries. There have been no major violations reported, and the vote passed in a calm atmosphere, according to ITAR-TASS.
- » Airlines Implement Further Security Measures
- » Police Searches House of Germanwings Co-Pilot
- » Croatian Culture Minister Resigns Over Financial Irregularities
- » Bulgarian Workers Are Safe as Situation in Chile Normalises
- » Germanwings Co-pilot Deliberately Crashed Plane
- » At Least 17 'Killed' in Saudi Arabia-Led Military Offensive in Yemen