Bulgaria to Bulid Three New Dams Until 2017
Three new water reservoirs will be built on Bulgarian territory before 2017, Finance Minister Petar Chobanov announced on Monday.
It is estimated that construction will be worth BGN 147 M, Bulgarian website Standart News has reported, citing Minister of Regional Development Desislava Terzieva.
Plovdivtsi, Luda Yana and Studena dam projects will be aimed at tackling the issue of aridity that puts agricultural production in jeopardy, Chobanov explained.
EU funds are also to be put aside for the projects. A total of BGN 1.86 B are expected to be poured into Bulgarian economy this year according to Chobanov.
He also commented on budgetary issues, asserting that the government puts serious effort to increase taxation and customs revenues.
- » Car Crash Hampers Traffic on Bulgaria’s Trakia Motorway
- » Bulgaria Holds Military Parade to Mark Army Day
- » Bulgarian PM Boyko Borisov to Meet with Deputy U.S. Secretary of State Anthony Blinken
- » Bulgaria's Ombudsman Could Seek Rejection of Disputed New Election Rules
- » Bulgaria's PM Calls for EU Solidarity on Refugee Relocation Quotas
- » Over 60% of Car Drivers Tested for Drugs in Sofia Area Test Positive