Bulgaria to Bulid Three New Dams Until 2017
Three new water reservoirs will be built on Bulgarian territory before 2017, Finance Minister Petar Chobanov announced on Monday.
It is estimated that construction will be worth BGN 147 M, Bulgarian website Standart News has reported, citing Minister of Regional Development Desislava Terzieva.
Plovdivtsi, Luda Yana and Studena dam projects will be aimed at tackling the issue of aridity that puts agricultural production in jeopardy, Chobanov explained.
EU funds are also to be put aside for the projects. A total of BGN 1.86 B are expected to be poured into Bulgarian economy this year according to Chobanov.
He also commented on budgetary issues, asserting that the government puts serious effort to increase taxation and customs revenues.
- » GERB 'Needs 200 000 More Votes' for Majority - Pollster
- » New EUR10 Banknote Starts Circulating on September 23
- » 3 Parties Certain to Make It into Bulgaria’s Next Parliament - Poll
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Foreign Minister Arrives in New York for UN General Assembly Session
- » Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova to Be Awarded German Order of Merit
- » PACE Pre-Electoral Delegation Urges Bulgarians to Vote on Oct 5