Bulgaria to Bulid Three New Dams Until 2017
Three new water reservoirs will be built on Bulgarian territory before 2017, Finance Minister Petar Chobanov announced on Monday.
It is estimated that construction will be worth BGN 147 M, Bulgarian website Standart News has reported, citing Minister of Regional Development Desislava Terzieva.
Plovdivtsi, Luda Yana and Studena dam projects will be aimed at tackling the issue of aridity that puts agricultural production in jeopardy, Chobanov explained.
EU funds are also to be put aside for the projects. A total of BGN 1.86 B are expected to be poured into Bulgarian economy this year according to Chobanov.
He also commented on budgetary issues, asserting that the government puts serious effort to increase taxation and customs revenues.
- » DPS's Dogan, Peevski 'Barred from Entering Turkey'
- » Avramopoulos: Bulgaria's Border Guarding Efforts Are Key to European Stability
- » Bulgaria Opposition Submits No-Confidence Motion over Healthcare Policies
- » Bulgaria Spent BGN 23.7 M on Its Military Aviation in 2015
- » EU Migration Commissioner to Visit Bulgaria's Elhovo
- » NATO Ministers Agree to Beef up Defence Posture on Eastern Flank