Venice Votes in Referendum on Seceding from Italy
Voting has began in a referendum on whether Venice and its surrounding region should secede from the rest of Italy, Sunday.
Recent opinion polls suggest that two-thirds of the four million electorate favour splitting from Rome in an attempt to restore its 1,000-year history as a sovereign republic. However, the vote will not be legally binding, the BBC News reports.
The poll was organised by local activists and parties, who want a future state called Republic of Veneto.
As many as two million people are expected to take part in the online voting which is due to continue until Friday.
- » The EU Estimated the Price for Brexit: EUR 52 Billion
- » Jennifer Lopez made a Donation after the Disaster in Puerto Rico
- » The Brother of Pablo Escobar Demands USD 1 Billion from Netflix for Narcos Series
- » Ralph Fiennes Acquired Serbian Citizenship
- » Russian General Died in Syria
- » The US Restricts the Access of Citizens from DPRK, Iran and Venezuela