Bulgarians Have a Sweet Tooth
Every other Bulgarian consumes way too much sugary products, shows an analysis of the National Public Health Center (NPHC).
According to the data, the Bulgarians consume an average of 36 kg of sugar per year, whereas a century ago it was 2 kg per year.
The NPHC survey shows that every second Bulgarian consumes sugar, sweets, chocolate, cakes, sweet biscuits, wafers and sugary soft drinks several times per week. Nearly 80% each day drink between one and four cups of coffee with one-two teaspoons of sugar. About 30% drink tea, again with one-two spoons of sugar.
The daily recommended consumption of sugar is 10% or less of the total calorie intake.
- » Nearly a Million Bulgarians have Health Problems
- » The Project for National Healthcare Card in Bulgaria is Ready
- » "Exercise in Your Town" - Sports Initiative in Sofia This Saturday
- » 46 People have Died of Measles in Romania
- » 719 Thousand Bulgarians Have no Health Insurance
- » BBC: Yulia Skripal is Conscious and Talking