Bulgarians Have a Sweet Tooth
Every other Bulgarian consumes way too much sugary products, shows an analysis of the National Public Health Center (NPHC).
According to the data, the Bulgarians consume an average of 36 kg of sugar per year, whereas a century ago it was 2 kg per year.
The NPHC survey shows that every second Bulgarian consumes sugar, sweets, chocolate, cakes, sweet biscuits, wafers and sugary soft drinks several times per week. Nearly 80% each day drink between one and four cups of coffee with one-two teaspoons of sugar. About 30% drink tea, again with one-two spoons of sugar.
The daily recommended consumption of sugar is 10% or less of the total calorie intake.
- » Budget 2018 Envisages Additional 400 mln for Healthcare
- » Within 6 Months Everyone in Bulgaria will have Access to their Electronic Health Records
- » Five Brands of Butter on the Bulgarian Market Have Violations in Their Composition (Picture)
- » So-Called Superfoods will be Included in the Menus of Bulgarian Kindergartens
- » We Mark the Day of the Bulgarian Doctor
- » The Health Fund has Voted a BGN 400 Million Increase in the Budget for Next Year