Bulgaria's Government Invites Russian Regions to Build Resorts
Bulgaria's Government can provide each of Russia's regions with land and construction permits to build resorts for their own use, said deputy economy minister Branimir Botev.
Botev, who's responsible for the tourism development, attended a tourist exhibition in Moscow. He gave as an example the investment of the municipality of Moscow, which invested USD 220 M in the “Kamchia” resort in the Kamchia reserve, which is for the exclusive use of Russians.
According to Botev, in 2013 the number of Russian tourists in Bulgaria increased by 4.1%, compared to 2012. In January 2014 their number rose by 15%, which Botev attributed to the “good branding”.
The official statistics shows that in 2013 Bulgaria was visited by more than 7 million tourists, of which 10% were Russians.
During his visit in Moscow, Botev also said Bulgaria will open new consular offices – in Ekaterininburg, Novosibirsk and two others, whose locations are still to be decided.
- » About 1.2 million Foreign Tourists Visited Bulgaria During the Winter Season
- » Number of Arrivals in All Accommodation Establishments Increased by 11.5% in January, 2018
- » More than 34 000 Albanian Tourists Visited Bulgaria in 2017
- » Sofia Airport with Nearly 4% Passenger Growth in February
- » Over 15% Growth of Foreign Tourists in December and January
- » Around 4,000 Bulgarians Take Cruises Every Year