Turnout in Crimea Breakaway Referendum Reaches 64%
Turnout in Crimea's referendum reached 64 % by 3pm local time, according to referendum commission chief Mikhail Malyshev.
Malyshev, as cited by CNN, informed that no provocations at polling stations have been reported so far.
Residents of Crimea vote Sunday in a referendum on whether to split from Ukraine and join Russia.
Polling stations close at 8pm local time.
Some 1.5 million voters are eligible to take part in the ballot and the preliminary results are due late on Sunday.
The referendum is deemed illegitimate by the international community but Russia has insisted it will recognize the outcome of the vote.
- » New AKP Leader Binali Yildirim Working to Form Turkey’s New Government
- » Bulgarian PM Borisov Calls for Political Solutions to Humanitarian Crises at Istanbul Summit
- » Outcome of Austria’s Presidential Election Hinges on Postal Ballots
- » Austria's Presidential Vote 'Too Close to Call'
- » Far-Right Candidate Faces Ex-Greens Leader in Austrian Presidential Run-off Vote
- » Total Migrant Arrivals in Europe by Sea Top 190,000 in 2016 - IOM
An American, the wealth of nations is complete crap.
You should try a book by an american writer John Reed Ten Days That Shook The World, the best book ever to come out of america.
Go have some tea, when are you guys going to close down your government again?
When will our government deliver what the people want which is a referendum on the question of Bulgaria joining Russia? I have no doubt that should we be given the option then the overwhelming majority would seek closer ties with our Russian friends and to cut loose from these fascist western pigs in the EU & US.
Right... Russia doesn't need America or European Union so they can do whatever they want with their sanctions.
Globalism is bad, Russia can stay on it's own. If people from Ukraine wants to join them, there is no problem doing so.
Strange how western news haven't reported Venices referendum yet... And how no ridicolous threats are made. Oh, why? There's already a nato base there!