2 Bulgarians Arrested in Thessaloniki in Cocaine Ring Bust
Two Bulgarian nationals have been handed over to the prosecuting authority in Thessaloniki on suspicion of participating in a drug trafficking ring.
According to reports of Greek newspaper Kathimerini, as cited by the BGNES news agency, the drug trafficking network allegedly imported large quantities of cocaine from another European country and sold the drugs on the local market.
They were arrested on Friday in the Sindos industrial zone on the outskirts of Thessaloniki during a large-scale operation involving an Athens-based drug squad.
One of the suspects, aged 40, was arrested, while he was handing a suitcase with 12 packs of cocaine to the second suspect, aged 33.
During the police operation, the authorities confiscated over 11.8kg of cocaine.
According to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio, the market value of the cocaine shipment is around EUR 900 000.
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 39 Irregular Migrants near Burgas
- » Bulgarian Man Detained over Arms Trafficking in Hungary
- » Ex Head of Bulgaria's Military Medical Academy Indicted
- » Sofia Court Upholds 10-Year Sentence of Ex Spy Chief
- » German Police Arrest Three Bulgarians over Bank Card Skimming
- » Europol Busts Greek-Albanian Drug Trafficking Network with Bulgarian Connection