2 Bulgarians Arrested in Thessaloniki in Cocaine Ring Bust
Two Bulgarian nationals have been handed over to the prosecuting authority in Thessaloniki on suspicion of participating in a drug trafficking ring.
According to reports of Greek newspaper Kathimerini, as cited by the BGNES news agency, the drug trafficking network allegedly imported large quantities of cocaine from another European country and sold the drugs on the local market.
They were arrested on Friday in the Sindos industrial zone on the outskirts of Thessaloniki during a large-scale operation involving an Athens-based drug squad.
One of the suspects, aged 40, was arrested, while he was handing a suitcase with 12 packs of cocaine to the second suspect, aged 33.
During the police operation, the authorities confiscated over 11.8kg of cocaine.
According to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio, the market value of the cocaine shipment is around EUR 900 000.
- » Minister Valentin Radev: Burgas Has Highest Criminality
- » Record Amount of Heroin Seized at Bulgarian-Romanian Border
- » The Man Injured During the Incident in Sofia’s Vitosha District Has His Life in Danger
- » 57-year-old Man Detained For the Murder of Two People in Sofia’s Vitosha District
- » Two Turkish Citizens Arrested for Drug Distribution in Special Police Raid
- » The Virus WannaCry Affected Computers In Sofia and Varna