Crimea Votes in Referendum to Join Russia
Crimea votes Sunday in a referendum on whether to re-join Russia or remain a part of Ukraine.
The referendum has been condemned as "illegal" by Ukraine, the European Union and the United States.
The two referendum questions before Crimean residents are: Do you support joining the Russian Federation? And, Do you support reenactment of 1992 Crimean constitution and Crimean status as a part of Ukraine?, according to reports of Fox News.
Ballot papers for the referendum have been printed in three languages - Russian, Ukrainian and Crimean-Tatar.
The referendum is largely expected to transfer control of the Black Sea penninsula from Ukraine to Russia.
The referendum is considered questionable because of the presence of Russian troops in Crimea and because it is deemed to contradict the Ukrainian Constitution.
On Saturday, Russia vetoed a a U.N. Security Council draft resolution that declared the referendum on the status of the Crimea region illegitimate.
- » "Islamic State" Terrorist Cell in St Petersburg is Destroyed
- » NASA has Discovered a Solar System with the Same Number of Planets as ours
- » EU Leaders Agree to Move to Second-Stage Brexit Talks
- » Kosovo's Bid For Council of Europe Membership in January 2018
- » Greek Gov’t Aims to Speed Up Migrant Returns to Turkey
- » The US Federal Communications Commission Repealed the Principle of Net Neutrality