Mass Arrests Ahead of Sofia Football Derby
Police in Bulgaria’s capital Sofia have detained 98 people ahead of Saturday’s football derby between rivals Levski Sofia and CSKA.
The first round of the Bulgarian league playoffs between the country’s bitterest rivals is on Saturday from 4:15 PM local time at the Vasil Levski National Stadium.
Police have deterred the breakout of major fights between the two teams’ most radical supporters, Dariknews reported. In the process, one policeman has suffered an injury from a thrown stone.
Security has been increased around the city, especially in the park area near the stadium. People will be thoroughly checked prior to entering the stadium, and those who are visibly under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be allowed in.
The two teams played each other last weekend as well, with CSKA winning 1:0.
- » Russia Could Have Laundered Up to USD 80 B Via Moldova, Latvia
- » E-mails About Non-existent Debt Steal Personal Data, Passwords
- » Drunk Man Tries to Steal a Car with Small child in Sofia
- » Migrant Injured as Border Police Chase Smugglers' Car
- » Three Bombs Explode in Central Sofia, Police Looking into Hooliganism
- » Bulgaria's Ex-Ambassador to US Quits Warsaw Job after Cosmetics Incident - JTA