Wounded Bulgarian Policemen in Stable Condition
The 3 policemen wounded in Friday’s shootout in the Bulgarian town of Lyaskovets are in stable condition.
Doctors who operated the policemen in Sofia’s Military Hospital say they will remain for further operations, but there is no longer a danger for their lives.
A 53 year old man in the town of Lyaskovets, near Veliko Tarnovo, barricaded himself with 4 weapons in his home on Friday, holding his mother hostage. During the police operation to neutralize the dangerous man, one policeman was shot dead and 3 more were injured.
The attacker, Petko Petkov, is also hospitalized, said to be in critical condition.
- » At Least 23 Civilians from One Family were Killed by the US Coalition in Syria Air Strike
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan