Wounded Bulgarian Policemen in Stable Condition
The 3 policemen wounded in Friday’s shootout in the Bulgarian town of Lyaskovets are in stable condition.
Doctors who operated the policemen in Sofia’s Military Hospital say they will remain for further operations, but there is no longer a danger for their lives.
A 53 year old man in the town of Lyaskovets, near Veliko Tarnovo, barricaded himself with 4 weapons in his home on Friday, holding his mother hostage. During the police operation to neutralize the dangerous man, one policeman was shot dead and 3 more were injured.
The attacker, Petko Petkov, is also hospitalized, said to be in critical condition.
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 39 Irregular Migrants near Burgas
- » Bulgarian Man Detained over Arms Trafficking in Hungary
- » Ex Head of Bulgaria's Military Medical Academy Indicted
- » Sofia Court Upholds 10-Year Sentence of Ex Spy Chief
- » German Police Arrest Three Bulgarians over Bank Card Skimming
- » Europol Busts Greek-Albanian Drug Trafficking Network with Bulgarian Connection