Wounded Bulgarian Policemen in Stable Condition
The 3 policemen wounded in Friday’s shootout in the Bulgarian town of Lyaskovets are in stable condition.
Doctors who operated the policemen in Sofia’s Military Hospital say they will remain for further operations, but there is no longer a danger for their lives.
A 53 year old man in the town of Lyaskovets, near Veliko Tarnovo, barricaded himself with 4 weapons in his home on Friday, holding his mother hostage. During the police operation to neutralize the dangerous man, one policeman was shot dead and 3 more were injured.
The attacker, Petko Petkov, is also hospitalized, said to be in critical condition.
- » Court Issues Life Sentence for Ghastly Murder in Sofia Park
- » Man Shot Dead Near Downtown Sofia
- » Sofia Court Stops Unlawful Wiretapping Case against Former Interior Minister
- » Businessman Veselin Mareshki Facing Year in Jail for Hitting Varna Official
- » 5 Bulgarians Arrested in Italy for Illegal Trafficking in Antique Coins
- » 3 Bulgarians Arrested in Serbia for Human Trafficking