Wounded Bulgarian Policemen in Stable Condition
The 3 policemen wounded in Friday’s shootout in the Bulgarian town of Lyaskovets are in stable condition.
Doctors who operated the policemen in Sofia’s Military Hospital say they will remain for further operations, but there is no longer a danger for their lives.
A 53 year old man in the town of Lyaskovets, near Veliko Tarnovo, barricaded himself with 4 weapons in his home on Friday, holding his mother hostage. During the police operation to neutralize the dangerous man, one policeman was shot dead and 3 more were injured.
The attacker, Petko Petkov, is also hospitalized, said to be in critical condition.
- » Ten Die in Munich Shooting Including Lone Gunman
- » German Police Launches Massive Manhunt for Munich Shooting Attackers
- » Six People Reported Killed in "Shooting Spree" in Munich
- » Bulgaria Detains 23 Migrants in Freight Railcars Arriving from Turkey
- » Bulgaria Police Detain More Than 160 Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgaria Takes to Court Two Men for 2012 Burgas Airport Suicide Bombing