Wounded Bulgarian Policemen in Stable Condition
The 3 policemen wounded in Friday’s shootout in the Bulgarian town of Lyaskovets are in stable condition.
Doctors who operated the policemen in Sofia’s Military Hospital say they will remain for further operations, but there is no longer a danger for their lives.
A 53 year old man in the town of Lyaskovets, near Veliko Tarnovo, barricaded himself with 4 weapons in his home on Friday, holding his mother hostage. During the police operation to neutralize the dangerous man, one policeman was shot dead and 3 more were injured.
The attacker, Petko Petkov, is also hospitalized, said to be in critical condition.
- » Bulgarian Police Detain Ten Syrian Illegal Migrants, Alleged Trafficker
- » Sofia Court Freezes Property of Ex Parliament Deputy Speaker worth over BGN 1M
- » Bulgarian Court Issues 1-Year Prison Sentence for Attempted Arson of Dzhumaya Mosque
- » Bulgaria’s Prosecuting Authority Starts Probe Over Bribe Claims of Defense Minister
- » Bulgaria Counter-Terrorism Officer Detained at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarian Midwife Remains in Detention after Severely Wounding Baby