Police Detain 30 Radicals in Kharkiv
The special police operation in Ukraine’s eastern city of Kharkiv has concluded with around 30 arrests.
“Some 30 people have been detained. We are now counting the exact number. We will now establish their identities: they have no passports. We will take fingerprints from weapons that remain in the building”, regional interior minister Anatoly Dmitriyev said, quoted by ITAR-TASS.
Two people were reported killed during clashes between rival factions, pro-Russian and pro-Ukrainians. Many of those arrested are believed to be part of the radical Right Sector, a paramilitary Ukrainian nationalist group, which has been very active throughout the Maidan protests.
- » Manchester Arena explosion: Children Among 22 Killed by Suicide Bomber After Ariana Grande Concert
- » Ariana Grande Concert: Deaths After Reported Blast
- » Erdogan Elected Leader of Turkey's Ruling Party
- » Theresa May: 'No time to Waste' as Brexit Talks Will Start Just 11 Days After the Election'
- » Romania Аpproves Financial Support for Holocaust Survivors
- » Swedish Prosecutors to Decide on Lifting Assange Warrant