Russian Loans Frozen Until Ukraine Elections Pass
Russia will wait for the results of Ukraine’s Presidential elections in May before making further payments from the USD 15 B loan package.
The first USD 3 B of the deal, agreed between ousted President Viktor Yanukovych and Vladimir Putin was transferred to Kiev in December.
“As for the remaining USD 12 B, we will discuss it with the Ukrainian government when we see a legitimate partner, at least after the elections”, Russian Economic Development Minister Alexei Ulyukayev said, quoted by RIA Novosti.
Meanwhile, the interim Ukrainian leadership has been negotiating bailout packages with the European Union, International Monetary Fund, and the United States.
- » Iran Satellite TV Head Shot Dead in Istanbul
- » Macedonia Opposition Plans to Form Govt After Violence
- » UK PM May Braces for Difficult Brexit Talks After EU Adopts Tough Stance
- » EU Says United Ireland Would Be Automatic Full Member
- » EU Leaders Negotiating Common Position On Brexit
- » Turkish Authorities Block Access to Wikipedia