Record Low Inflation Rates Measured in February - NSI
The annual inflation by end-February hit record low rates of -2.6%, according to Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute.
The consumer price index (CPI) in February 2014 compared to January 2014 was 99.6%, i.e. the monthly inflation was -0.4%. The inflation rate since the beginning of the year (February 2014 compared to December 2013) was -0.6%, the NSI reports.
The annual average inflation, measured by CPI, in the last 12 months was -0.2%.
The negative inflation in February was due to falling prices of clothing (-2.3 %), footwear (-4.7% ), gasoline (-1.6% for A95H) and a number of home appliances, Standart News informs.
- » Bulgaria OKs EUR 200 M Loan Agreement with CoE Bank
- » Bulgaria, Saudi Arabia to Cooperate in Tourism
- » Three Companies Interested in Bulgaria's Belene Nuclear Plant
- » Bulgaria's GDP Grew 3.4% in Q3, 2016
- » Bulgarian Energy Minister Confident about Belene Privatization
- » China 'Interested in Bulgaria's Belene Nuclear Plant'