Record Low Inflation Rates Measured in February - NSI
The annual inflation by end-February hit record low rates of -2.6%, according to Bulgaria's National Statistical Institute.
The consumer price index (CPI) in February 2014 compared to January 2014 was 99.6%, i.e. the monthly inflation was -0.4%. The inflation rate since the beginning of the year (February 2014 compared to December 2013) was -0.6%, the NSI reports.
The annual average inflation, measured by CPI, in the last 12 months was -0.2%.
The negative inflation in February was due to falling prices of clothing (-2.3 %), footwear (-4.7% ), gasoline (-1.6% for A95H) and a number of home appliances, Standart News informs.
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Head Dismissed amid Extortion Allegations
- » Average Wage in Bulgaria Increased 4-fold in 2000-2015
- » Bulgaria’s State-Owned Maritsa East 2 TPP Reported Loss of BGN 38.6 M in 2014
- » Bulgarian Farmers Hit By Russia Sanctions May Expect Compensations Totaling EUR 398 000
- » Bulgarians Completed Less Tourist Trips in First Quarter of 2015
- » Bulgaria Backs Idea for Gas Ring with Romania, Hungary, Slovakia