Bulgarian Opposition MP Leaves Parliament, Remains Party Member
Dobroslav Dimitrov, an MP of Bulgaria's opposition GERB party, is stepping down from his post in Parliament.
The move is not a form of dissent from the party, as Dimitrov revealed that his plans were to pursue specialization abroad, Standartnews reported.
"I remain a member of GERB and the party can rely on me for the future", Dimitrov was quoted as saying.
Over the past months, GERB has seen a number of renegades, who left for political reasons, some of them joining other parties. However, Dimitrov's plans had been made clear earlier, and are not likely to cause any major shocks within the party.
- » 3 Parties Certain to Make It into Bulgaria’s Next Parliament - Poll
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Foreign Minister Arrives in New York for UN General Assembly Session
- » Sofia Mayor Yordanka Fandakova to Be Awarded German Order of Merit
- » PACE Pre-Electoral Delegation Urges Bulgarians to Vote on Oct 5
- » Bulgaria Adopts EUR 113.5 M Maritime and Fisheries Program 2014-2020
- » Bulgaria without Censorship 'to Block Border with Turkey' before Elections