Bulgarian Opposition MP Leaves Parliament, Remains Party Member
Dobroslav Dimitrov, an MP of Bulgaria's opposition GERB party, is stepping down from his post in Parliament.
The move is not a form of dissent from the party, as Dimitrov revealed that his plans were to pursue specialization abroad, Standartnews reported.
"I remain a member of GERB and the party can rely on me for the future", Dimitrov was quoted as saying.
Over the past months, GERB has seen a number of renegades, who left for political reasons, some of them joining other parties. However, Dimitrov's plans had been made clear earlier, and are not likely to cause any major shocks within the party.
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Plagued by BGN 97M Budget Gap
- » Bulgaria Suffered Financial Corrections worth BGN 166M by end-2013
- » Bulgaria's Elections Body Rules Out 'Kostinbrod Scenario' at Snap Poll
- » Bulgaria’s Central Electoral Commission Denies Election Observers Registration to 2 Associations
- » Bulgaria’s Struma, Hemus Motorways Listed as Key Priorities in Transport OP 2014-2020
- » Boosting Bulgaria's Defense Budget 'Unacceptable' - GERB Leader