Bulgarian Opposition MP Leaves Parliament, Remains Party Member
Dobroslav Dimitrov, an MP of Bulgaria's opposition GERB party, is stepping down from his post in Parliament.
The move is not a form of dissent from the party, as Dimitrov revealed that his plans were to pursue specialization abroad, Standartnews reported.
"I remain a member of GERB and the party can rely on me for the future", Dimitrov was quoted as saying.
Over the past months, GERB has seen a number of renegades, who left for political reasons, some of them joining other parties. However, Dimitrov's plans had been made clear earlier, and are not likely to cause any major shocks within the party.
- » Bulgarian Government Dismisses Director of Employment Agency
- » Bulgaria, Switzerland to Cooperate on Raising Motivation of Prosecutors
- » Defence Minister Confirms NATO Is to Station Command Centre in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Has Capacity To Host More Refugees
- » Bulgaria Shows no Progress in Addressing Prison System Deficiencies - Report
- » Yane Yanev to Advise Bulgaria’s PM Borisov on Fight against Corruption