Bulgarian Opposition MP Leaves Parliament, Remains Party Member
Dobroslav Dimitrov, an MP of Bulgaria's opposition GERB party, is stepping down from his post in Parliament.
The move is not a form of dissent from the party, as Dimitrov revealed that his plans were to pursue specialization abroad, Standartnews reported.
"I remain a member of GERB and the party can rely on me for the future", Dimitrov was quoted as saying.
Over the past months, GERB has seen a number of renegades, who left for political reasons, some of them joining other parties. However, Dimitrov's plans had been made clear earlier, and are not likely to cause any major shocks within the party.
- » Bulgaria’s Govt Replaces Chair of Archives State Agency
- » Bulgaria Is Not Among Worst Performers in EU Funds Absorption – President
- » NATO to Station Ship Command Centre near Bulgaria's Varna
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Approves Resignation of DANS Deputy Chairperson
- » Opposition BSP Calls on Bulgarian President to Impose Veto on New Debt
- » Bulgarian IntMin to Propose New Chief Secretary Despite PM Warning