Bulgarian Opposition MP Leaves Parliament, Remains Party Member
Dobroslav Dimitrov, an MP of Bulgaria's opposition GERB party, is stepping down from his post in Parliament.
The move is not a form of dissent from the party, as Dimitrov revealed that his plans were to pursue specialization abroad, Standartnews reported.
"I remain a member of GERB and the party can rely on me for the future", Dimitrov was quoted as saying.
Over the past months, GERB has seen a number of renegades, who left for political reasons, some of them joining other parties. However, Dimitrov's plans had been made clear earlier, and are not likely to cause any major shocks within the party.
- » Report on Activities of Bulgaria's State Agency for National Security Missing
- » US Expresses Support for Bulgarian Constitution Amendments
- » Electronic Government - Key Element of Reforms, Bulgarian PM Borisov says
- » Poll: 2nd Term of Bulgarian PM Borisov Has Higher Approval Rating
- » Bulgarian Border Police Records Triple Increase in Illegal Migrant Crossings
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State to Meet with PM Borisov in Sofia