Bulgarian Opposition MP Leaves Parliament, Remains Party Member
Dobroslav Dimitrov, an MP of Bulgaria's opposition GERB party, is stepping down from his post in Parliament.
The move is not a form of dissent from the party, as Dimitrov revealed that his plans were to pursue specialization abroad, Standartnews reported.
"I remain a member of GERB and the party can rely on me for the future", Dimitrov was quoted as saying.
Over the past months, GERB has seen a number of renegades, who left for political reasons, some of them joining other parties. However, Dimitrov's plans had been made clear earlier, and are not likely to cause any major shocks within the party.
- » Plevneliev, Djukanovic Discuss Projects to Increase Energy, Transport Connections
- » Bulgaria’s Prime Minister: Montenegro Is Ready to Join NATO
- » Director of Bulgaria’s Registry Agency Removed from Office
- » Montenegro Is Ready to Join NATO, Bulgarian PM Says
- » Bulgaria, Montenegro to Boost Cooperation in Culture
- » Bulgarian Parliament Adopts Changes to Electronic Communications Act