Bulgaria’s Lyaskovets Shooter Life in Danger
Petko Petkov, a 53-year-old man who opened fire in Bulgaria's town of Lyaskovets, killing one policeman and wounding 3, is hospitalized with a risk to his life.
During a police operation for disarming the man on Friday, he was shot in the stomach, leading to severe injuries. He had barricaded himself with four firearms, and held his mother hostage for several hours.
Petkov is in the nearby Veliko Tarnovo hospital, and doctors say his life is in danger, according to reports of Dariknews.
The wounded policemen have been transported to Sofia's Military Hospital. Their condition is said to be stable.
- » Seven Sigma Policemen Arrested in Bulgaria's Capital
- » Putin Opponent Nikolai Kobliakov Detained in Sofia
- » Bulgaria's Nat'l Security Agency Seized 130kg of Heroin in H1, 2014
- » Tax Crimes in Bulgaria on the Rise
- » Prosecution Investigates Disappearance of BGN 180 K From Bank Vault
- » Bulgarian National Security Agency Busts Major Drug Trafficking Group