Bulgaria’s Lyaskovets Shooter Life in Danger
Petko Petkov, a 53-year-old man who opened fire in Bulgaria's town of Lyaskovets, killing one policeman and wounding 3, is hospitalized with a risk to his life.
During a police operation for disarming the man on Friday, he was shot in the stomach, leading to severe injuries. He had barricaded himself with four firearms, and held his mother hostage for several hours.
Petkov is in the nearby Veliko Tarnovo hospital, and doctors say his life is in danger, according to reports of Dariknews.
The wounded policemen have been transported to Sofia's Military Hospital. Their condition is said to be stable.
- » ECHR Sentences Bulgaria over Violation of Inmates' Right to Free Speech
- » Bulgarian Defense Ministry Officials under Abeyance Probe
- » Aghan Man Blamed for Bulgarian Flag Desecration to Stay in Custody
- » Nineteen Migrants Indicted in Bulgaria over Harmanli Riots
- » 30% of Women in Bulgaria Victims of Violence
- » 110 Kg of Marijuana Discovered at Danube Bridge 2