Bulgaria’s Lyaskovets Shooter Life in Danger
Petko Petkov, a 53-year-old man who opened fire in Bulgaria's town of Lyaskovets, killing one policeman and wounding 3, is hospitalized with a risk to his life.
During a police operation for disarming the man on Friday, he was shot in the stomach, leading to severe injuries. He had barricaded himself with four firearms, and held his mother hostage for several hours.
Petkov is in the nearby Veliko Tarnovo hospital, and doctors say his life is in danger, according to reports of Dariknews.
The wounded policemen have been transported to Sofia's Military Hospital. Their condition is said to be stable.
- » Ex Bulgarian Public Official Gets 2 Years in Jail for Leaking Wiretapping Data
- » Bulgarian Court Increases Prison Sentence of Pazardzhik Imam over Preaching Radical Islam
- » Bulgaria Police Detain 35 Migrants in Downtown Sofia
- » Bulgaria Seizes 5.6 Kg Heroin at Border with Turkey
- » Bulgarians Arrested in UK over Drug Trafficking
- » Over 500 Bulgarians Become Trafficking Victims A Year