Bulgaria’s Lyaskovets Shooter Life in Danger
Petko Petkov, a 53-year-old man who opened fire in Bulgaria's town of Lyaskovets, killing one policeman and wounding 3, is hospitalized with a risk to his life.
During a police operation for disarming the man on Friday, he was shot in the stomach, leading to severe injuries. He had barricaded himself with four firearms, and held his mother hostage for several hours.
Petkov is in the nearby Veliko Tarnovo hospital, and doctors say his life is in danger, according to reports of Dariknews.
The wounded policemen have been transported to Sofia's Military Hospital. Their condition is said to be stable.
- » Mother Killed her 1-year old Child in Stamboliyski
- » Bulgarian Interior Ministry Detained a Criminal Group for People Trafficking
- » Two People are in Custody for an Attack of a Man and his Pregnant Girlfriend on Trakia Highway
- » 34 Members of Organized Crime Group were Arrested in Italy
- » Bulgarian Customs Officers Found Currency and Gold for BGN 900 000
- » UAE Behind Qatar Hacks