Bulgaria’s Lyaskovets Shooter Life in Danger
Petko Petkov, a 53-year-old man who opened fire in Bulgaria's town of Lyaskovets, killing one policeman and wounding 3, is hospitalized with a risk to his life.
During a police operation for disarming the man on Friday, he was shot in the stomach, leading to severe injuries. He had barricaded himself with four firearms, and held his mother hostage for several hours.
Petkov is in the nearby Veliko Tarnovo hospital, and doctors say his life is in danger, according to reports of Dariknews.
The wounded policemen have been transported to Sofia's Military Hospital. Their condition is said to be stable.
- » Sofia Court Reduces Prison Sentence of Alleged Drug Gang Leader Zlatomir Ivanov
- » Bulgaria Busts Int'l Antiquities Trafficking Ring
- » TIR Truck Driver Sentenced to Life Imprisonment in Iran Returned to Bulgaria
- » Sofia Court Freezes Property of Majority Owner of Bulgaria's Corpbank
- » Bulgaria's Police Busts Fake Passports Ring
- » Tax Agency Employee Murdered in Bulgaria's Capital