Number of Tourists in Bulgaria's Plovdiv On the Rise
Tourists in Bulgaria's second biggest city Plovdiv increased by 7% in 2013, compared to the previous year, reaching 14,261, data of National Statistical Institute shows.
Plovdiv Municipality experts recorded an increase of individual visits of the city, as well as a 5% raise in museum visits, Standart news reports.
A 7-year strategy for tourism development Plovdiv 2014 -2020 has been worked out in order to make full use of the existing cultural, historical and natural resources in the city. The strategy foresees events aimed at the creation, promotion and marketing of tourist packages, including cultural, business, wine and gourmet, sports and weekend products.
The 'Tourism' Operational Program has already developed two packages that have been offered to tour operators and will soon be available on the market.
- » Bulgarians Complete More Holiday Trips, Excursions Abroad in June
- » Balkan Holidays To Launch Glasgow-Varna Flights Next Summer
- » Bulgarian Couple Hitch-hikes to India in 511 Days
- » Low-Cost Carrier easyJet Launches Sofia-London Stansted Flights in Winter
- » Bulgaria Ranks Among Top 3 Most Popular Destinations for TUI Russia This Summer
- » Early Launch of Struma Highway's Lot 4