Logistics Leader to Open Distribution Center Near Bulgaria's Sofia
The international transport and logistics company Gebr?der Weiss broke ground for its new Bulgarian branch in Elin Pelin near capital city of Sofia.
The new construction will replace the existing site in Sofia and will serve as a new distribution center for the Balkans and Central Asia. The completion is scheduled for the end of 2014. Some EUR 8M is to be invested in the new site.
A modern logistics center with logistics warehouses (6,000 sq m), handling areas (1,880 sq m) and office space (1,300 sq m) will be constructed at the site which covers a total area of approximately 57,000 sq m.
"The new distribution center in Elin Pelin offers above all more space for the logistics business and the transhipment towards the Balkans and Central Asia. Its role will be to drive forward the current growth in these regions. Moreover, the center will be an important interface for the most recent branches in Turkey and Georgia," says Thomas Moser, Regional Manager South-East/CIS at Gebr?der Weiss.
The headcount will be increased from the current 60 to 90 employees once the new construction is completed.
Gebr?der Weiss has been operating successfully in Bulgaria since 1994. The existing facility in Sofia was built in 2003. Today, Gebr?der Weiss Bulgaria generates 70% of its turnover from national and international land transports.
- » The Bulgarian Academy of Science Report About Belene NPP will be Published After Editing
- » American Chemical Company is Exploring the Opportunities for Investment in Bulgaria
- » The Quarter With the Most Beautiful Christmas Decorations in the World (Photos)
- » BGN 256 Million will be Invested in the Airports of Burgas and Varna in the Next 9 Years
- » Bansko is the Favorite Resort of Turkish Tourists in 2017
- » Americans will Build a New Electric Plant in Kosovo