Logistics Leader to Open Distribution Center Near Bulgaria's Sofia
The international transport and logistics company Gebrüder Weiss broke ground for its new Bulgarian branch in Elin Pelin near capital city of Sofia.
The new construction will replace the existing site in Sofia and will serve as a new distribution center for the Balkans and Central Asia. The completion is scheduled for the end of 2014. Some EUR 8M is to be invested in the new site.
A modern logistics center with logistics warehouses (6,000 sq m), handling areas (1,880 sq m) and office space (1,300 sq m) will be constructed at the site which covers a total area of approximately 57,000 sq m.
"The new distribution center in Elin Pelin offers above all more space for the logistics business and the transhipment towards the Balkans and Central Asia. Its role will be to drive forward the current growth in these regions. Moreover, the center will be an important interface for the most recent branches in Turkey and Georgia," says Thomas Moser, Regional Manager South-East/CIS at Gebrüder Weiss.
The headcount will be increased from the current 60 to 90 employees once the new construction is completed.
Gebrüder Weiss has been operating successfully in Bulgaria since 1994. The existing facility in Sofia was built in 2003. Today, Gebrüder Weiss Bulgaria generates 70% of its turnover from national and international land transports.
- » Bulgaria Expects Budget Surplus to Exceed BGN 2.3 B at End of April
- » Network of Electric Bicycles to Connect Bulgaria, Romania
- » Competition for New Tourist Logo of Bulgaria Fails to Select Winner
- » Bulgaria's Competition Watchdog Fines Two Regional TV, Internet Providers
- » Gazprom Puts Forward New South Stream Route
- » Bulgaria's NEK Repays EUR 309 M Debt to Local Unit of U.S.-based AES Corp