Ludogorets Coach Thanks Supporters, Players
The coach of Bulgarian football champions Ludogorets Razgrad, Stoycho Stoev, had no bitter feelings after his team's 0:3 loss to Valencia on Thursday night.
The Europa League 1/8 finals first leg was played at Sofia’s Vasil Levski National Stadium in front of 42,000 spectators.
“I cannot blame my players. Maybe we lacked some luck, we missed a penalty and then hit the post. Valencia beat us with the routine they have”, Stoev commented after the match.
“I want to thank the players for the incredible moments over the past 7 months. It is great that a young team like us was able to make it so far. I also want to thank the incredible supporters at the stadium”, Stoev added.
The Bulgarian coach admitted that his team is practically out of the competition, but he still wants to see the players give their best in next week’s return match at the Mestalla in Valencia.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Beats Pablo Cuevas, Faces Andy Murray
- » Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Roger Federer in Swiss Indoors Basel
- » Minev Gives Ludogorets Historic 1-0 Victory Over Basel
- » Garanti Koza WTA Tournament Of Champions Starts In Sofia On Oct. 28
- » Bulgaria’s Dimitrov Fails to Win Stockholm Open Title
- » Grigor Dimitrov Scores Two Hot Shots, Qualifies For Stockholm Semifinal