Ludogorets Coach Thanks Supporters, Players
The coach of Bulgarian football champions Ludogorets Razgrad, Stoycho Stoev, had no bitter feelings after his team's 0:3 loss to Valencia on Thursday night.
The Europa League 1/8 finals first leg was played at Sofia’s Vasil Levski National Stadium in front of 42,000 spectators.
“I cannot blame my players. Maybe we lacked some luck, we missed a penalty and then hit the post. Valencia beat us with the routine they have”, Stoev commented after the match.
“I want to thank the players for the incredible moments over the past 7 months. It is great that a young team like us was able to make it so far. I also want to thank the incredible supporters at the stadium”, Stoev added.
The Bulgarian coach admitted that his team is practically out of the competition, but he still wants to see the players give their best in next week’s return match at the Mestalla in Valencia.
- » World Football Elite Expected to Gather in Sofia in June
- » Bulgarian Athlete Becomes New Balkan Cycling Champion
- » Bulgaria's Top Tennis Players Retain WTA, ATP Rankings
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov 'Could Replace Coach'
- » Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Suffers Heavy Defeat in Monte Carlo
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Overwhelmingly Defeats Wawrinka in Monte Carlo