Ludogorets Coach Thanks Supporters, Players
The coach of Bulgarian football champions Ludogorets Razgrad, Stoycho Stoev, had no bitter feelings after his team's 0:3 loss to Valencia on Thursday night.
The Europa League 1/8 finals first leg was played at Sofia’s Vasil Levski National Stadium in front of 42,000 spectators.
“I cannot blame my players. Maybe we lacked some luck, we missed a penalty and then hit the post. Valencia beat us with the routine they have”, Stoev commented after the match.
“I want to thank the players for the incredible moments over the past 7 months. It is great that a young team like us was able to make it so far. I also want to thank the incredible supporters at the stadium”, Stoev added.
The Bulgarian coach admitted that his team is practically out of the competition, but he still wants to see the players give their best in next week’s return match at the Mestalla in Valencia.
- » Bulgaria to Earmark Funding for ATP Tour Event, Ski Championships Next Year
- » Grigor Dimitrov Defeats Gael Monfils in Exhibition Match Held in Sofia
- » Grigor Dimitrov Arrives in Bulgaria for Exhibition Match with Gael Monfils
- » Bulgaria’s Kubrat Pulev to Box Maurice Harris in Hamburg on December 5
- » Ronnie O'Sullivan to Face Jimmy White in Snooker Legends Show in Sofia on Friday
- » Bulgaria’s Ruse Wins European City of Sport 2016 Award