Psychologists Negotiating with Bulgaria’s Lyaskovets Shooter
Four psychologists are negotiating with the shooter in Bulgaria's town of Lyaskovets, who has barricaded himself with a gun in his home.
The man, believed to be 53 year old Petko Petkov, shot and killed a police officer Friday morning, and wounded 3 more. He is thought to be mentally ill, unemployed, and hasn't left his home since 2010.
So far, the experts have not been able to convince the man to disarm himself.
All the neighbors of the man have been evacuated, and the area is cordoned with police officers. The nearby school, which has received previously threats from Petkov, has been evacuated.
- » At Least 23 Civilians from One Family were Killed by the US Coalition in Syria Air Strike
- » Police Probe Attempted Arson Against Jewish Chapel in Malmö
- » 15 People were Detained in an Operation of the GDBOP in Veliko Tarnovo
- » Illegal Cigarette Factory with Workers from Bulgaria and Ukraine was Discovered in Spain
- » Swedish Police Bust International Begging Ring
- » Six were Killed in a Bomb Attack in Pakistan