Psychologists Negotiating with Bulgaria’s Lyaskovets Shooter
Four psychologists are negotiating with the shooter in Bulgaria's town of Lyaskovets, who has barricaded himself with a gun in his home.
The man, believed to be 53 year old Petko Petkov, shot and killed a police officer Friday morning, and wounded 3 more. He is thought to be mentally ill, unemployed, and hasn't left his home since 2010.
So far, the experts have not been able to convince the man to disarm himself.
All the neighbors of the man have been evacuated, and the area is cordoned with police officers. The nearby school, which has received previously threats from Petkov, has been evacuated.
- » The Authorities Seized a Painting by Salvador Dali from Art Smugglers
- » Between 10-15% of Young People in Bulgaria Fall Victims to Human Trafficking
- » Thousands of Textile Products with the Logo of Famous Brands were Detained аt Kapitan Andreevo
- » 20 Arrested in Joint Police-Prosecutor’s Office Operation across Bulgaria
- » Bomb Exploded in front of a Police Station in Sweden
- » 2 Police Officers Arrested and Charged with Drug Distribution and Taking Bribes