Psychologists Negotiating with Bulgaria’s Lyaskovets Shooter
Four psychologists are negotiating with the shooter in Bulgaria's town of Lyaskovets, who has barricaded himself with a gun in his home.
The man, believed to be 53 year old Petko Petkov, shot and killed a police officer Friday morning, and wounded 3 more. He is thought to be mentally ill, unemployed, and hasn't left his home since 2010.
So far, the experts have not been able to convince the man to disarm himself.
All the neighbors of the man have been evacuated, and the area is cordoned with police officers. The nearby school, which has received previously threats from Petkov, has been evacuated.
- » Bulgarian Police Detain 30 Illegal Migrants in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Railway Workers Find Abandoned Bag with 2.8kg of TNT near Tracks
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 42 Kg Heroin Hidden in Truck’s Wheels
- » Bulgaria’s Traffic Police Proposes Criminalization of Speeding
- » Police in Italy Seize 400kg of Marijuana from Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Bulgarian Authorities Detain 46 People Suspected of Human Smuggling