Psychologists Negotiating with Bulgaria’s Lyaskovets Shooter
Four psychologists are negotiating with the shooter in Bulgaria's town of Lyaskovets, who has barricaded himself with a gun in his home.
The man, believed to be 53 year old Petko Petkov, shot and killed a police officer Friday morning, and wounded 3 more. He is thought to be mentally ill, unemployed, and hasn't left his home since 2010.
So far, the experts have not been able to convince the man to disarm himself.
All the neighbors of the man have been evacuated, and the area is cordoned with police officers. The nearby school, which has received previously threats from Petkov, has been evacuated.
- » Three Migrant Traffickers Arrested Near Turkish Border
- » Turkish Embassy in Denmark Attacked with Petrol Bombs, No Injuries
- » Bulgarian Woman and her Two Children were Killed in Canada
- » Young Family was Found Dead in Plovdiv
- » Armed Man Robbed a Casino in Sofia
- » 2 Men Sentenced in Germany For Art Forgery Scheme