Irrigation System Employees to Get Paid by End-March, Min Pledges
Bulgaria's Irrigation Systems employees will receive wages due in two weeks, Agriculture Minister Dimitar Grekov pledged in the town of Kardzhali.
Salaries have been delayed for 4 months due to the huge debt accumulated by Irrigation Systems JSC, amounting to BGN 25 M.
Since 2011, the state has not transferred any funds to the company, although it properly fulfills its obligations, Dimitar Grekov said. Now, owing to legislative changes, employees will be able to receive delayed salaries, Agriculture Minister assured, cited by Bulgaria's National Radio.
- » Bulgaria Threatens to Terminate Contract for Struma Motorway Lot 4 with Greece’s Aktor
- » Russia to Evacuate 300 Tourists Stranded in Bulgaria on Friday
- » 10% of Fruit, Vegetables Consumed in Bulgaria Are Produced Locally
- » Striking Bulgarian Miners Refuse to Leave Pit
- » EBRD Lowers Bulgaria 2014 Economic Growth Forecast to 1.5%
- » EC Threatens Punitive Measures against Bulgaria, Serbia over South Stream