Bulgaria’s Penev Honored by ex-Club Valencia
Bulgaria's national team coach Lyuboslav Penev received a warm welcome by the officials of Valencia Football Club, where he played for 6 years (1989-1995).
Penev met with Valencia coach Juan Antonio Pizzi, whom he played with during his time in the Spanish club, and the current president Amadeo Salvo, in Sofia. Valencia is in Bulgaria for Thursday's Europa League match against local champions Ludogorets Razgrad.
The president of the Spanish club presented Penev with a team jersey, inscribed with the legendary number 9's name. The Bulgarian coach, on his part, said that he is extremely happy to receive his old-time friends in his home country.
The match between Ludogorets and Valencia starts at 8 PM local time in Sofia's Vasil Levski National Stadium.
- » Stoevi Sisters With Silver Medal at European Badminton Championship in Denmark
- » Neviana Vladinova Wins Gold Medal at World Cup in Rhythmic Gymnastics in Baku
- » Arthur Albiston Awards Winners in Veliko Tarnovo Children’s Football Tournament
- » All-Around Bronze For Gymnast Neviana Vladinova in Baku World Cup
- » Kubrat Pulev Beats American Rival, Eyes World Title
- » Bulgarian Dunekova Proves She Did Not Use Doping