Bulgaria’s Penev Honored by ex-Club Valencia
Bulgaria's national team coach Lyuboslav Penev received a warm welcome by the officials of Valencia Football Club, where he played for 6 years (1989-1995).
Penev met with Valencia coach Juan Antonio Pizzi, whom he played with during his time in the Spanish club, and the current president Amadeo Salvo, in Sofia. Valencia is in Bulgaria for Thursday's Europa League match against local champions Ludogorets Razgrad.
The president of the Spanish club presented Penev with a team jersey, inscribed with the legendary number 9's name. The Bulgarian coach, on his part, said that he is extremely happy to receive his old-time friends in his home country.
The match between Ludogorets and Valencia starts at 8 PM local time in Sofia's Vasil Levski National Stadium.
- » Hard win for Bulgarian volleyball team after five-set battle
- » Expected loss for Bulgaria from Brazil
- » World Famous Footballers Arrive in Sofia for All Stars 2017 Charity Match
- » Bulgaria Scores Prestigious Victory Against Olympix Champion Brazil in World Volleyball League
- » Bulgarian Children Who Overcame Cancer Won 17 Medals at Athletic Event in Moscow
- » Ivet Lalova-Collio Places 4th in Marseilles