Bulgaria’s Penev Honored by ex-Club Valencia
Bulgaria's national team coach Lyuboslav Penev received a warm welcome by the officials of Valencia Football Club, where he played for 6 years (1989-1995).
Penev met with Valencia coach Juan Antonio Pizzi, whom he played with during his time in the Spanish club, and the current president Amadeo Salvo, in Sofia. Valencia is in Bulgaria for Thursday's Europa League match against local champions Ludogorets Razgrad.
The president of the Spanish club presented Penev with a team jersey, inscribed with the legendary number 9's name. The Bulgarian coach, on his part, said that he is extremely happy to receive his old-time friends in his home country.
The match between Ludogorets and Valencia starts at 8 PM local time in Sofia's Vasil Levski National Stadium.
- » Samuel Eto'o Confirms Participation in Stoichkov's Birthday Show
- » Bulgaria's Pamporovo Hosts European Cup Ladies' Slalom
- » Bulgarian Football Legend Hristo Stoichkov Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- » Bautista Agut Triumphs in First Edition of Sofia Open
- » Bulgaria Loses to Belgium in Fed Cup
- » Bulgarian Head of State Demonstrates Football Skills at La Bombonera Stadium