Internships In Bulgaria to Be Paid
Young adults who do internships in Bulgaria will receive a salary and a labour contract.
The amendments to the Labour Code, regulating the internships, were passed in Parliament at second reading on Wednesday. According to the new Code, the intern will be getting at least the minimum monthly salary for the country and a labour contract for no less than six months and no more than a year.
The amendments give a definition for internship – work under supervision. The Labour Ministry commented that each job with a designated working place and working hours, must be under a labour contract with a salary and social insurances. The employers will be obliged to pay insurances for the interns. They will be based on the minimum threshold salary for the position, even if the official salary of the intern is lower.
Representatives of the business and employers already warned that the new amendments will practically block the internship programmes.
- » KEVR To Raise Gas Prices by 1.97% As Of October 1
- » BNB Chief Radev: Bulgaria's Banking System Is Stable
- » Azerbaijan, Bulgaria Agree on Gas Deliveries from 2020
- » Bulgaria to Study Options for Azerbaijani Gas Supplies - Energy Min
- » Turkey to Complete Wall with Syria in 5 Months
- » Bulgaria Doesn't Appeal Arbitration Ruling over Atomstroyexport Debt