Record Crowd Expected in Sofia for Ludogorets - Valencia
A record number of 43,000 spectators are expected during Thursday's Europa League match between Bulgaria's Ludogorets Razgrad and Spain's Valencia.
The first leg of the 1/8 finals of the tournament will be played in Sofia's Vasil Levski National Stadium, from 8 PM local time.
The match has sparked huge interest in Bulgaria, despite the fact that Ludogorets are from Razgrad and do not usually enjoy a solid fan base. Their stunning run in the Europa League has united people from all around the country to support them.
Tickets were sold out just hours after going on sale. The stadium's full capacity is 45,000, which means it would be practically full.
Ludogorets remain unbeaten after 8 matches in the tournament, something no team has managed to achieve in its debut season.
- » Bulgarian Football Union Approves Ivaylo Petev Unanimously
- » Ivaylo Petev 'to Become' Coach of Bulgaria's Men National Football Team
- » Bulgaria IntMin Continues Investigation of Alleged Football Match Fixing
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Defeated by Real Madrid 0:4
- » Bulgaria’s Ludogorets Losing to Real Madrid 0:2 in 1st Half
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Travels to Madrid in Search of a Miracle