Record Crowd Expected in Sofia for Ludogorets - Valencia
A record number of 43,000 spectators are expected during Thursday's Europa League match between Bulgaria's Ludogorets Razgrad and Spain's Valencia.
The first leg of the 1/8 finals of the tournament will be played in Sofia's Vasil Levski National Stadium, from 8 PM local time.
The match has sparked huge interest in Bulgaria, despite the fact that Ludogorets are from Razgrad and do not usually enjoy a solid fan base. Their stunning run in the Europa League has united people from all around the country to support them.
Tickets were sold out just hours after going on sale. The stadium's full capacity is 45,000, which means it would be practically full.
Ludogorets remain unbeaten after 8 matches in the tournament, something no team has managed to achieve in its debut season.
- » Hard win for Bulgarian volleyball team after five-set battle
- » Expected loss for Bulgaria from Brazil
- » World Famous Footballers Arrive in Sofia for All Stars 2017 Charity Match
- » Bulgaria Scores Prestigious Victory Against Olympix Champion Brazil in World Volleyball League
- » Bulgarian Children Who Overcame Cancer Won 17 Medals at Athletic Event in Moscow
- » Ivet Lalova-Collio Places 4th in Marseilles