Record Crowd Expected in Sofia for Ludogorets - Valencia
A record number of 43,000 spectators are expected during Thursday's Europa League match between Bulgaria's Ludogorets Razgrad and Spain's Valencia.
The first leg of the 1/8 finals of the tournament will be played in Sofia's Vasil Levski National Stadium, from 8 PM local time.
The match has sparked huge interest in Bulgaria, despite the fact that Ludogorets are from Razgrad and do not usually enjoy a solid fan base. Their stunning run in the Europa League has united people from all around the country to support them.
Tickets were sold out just hours after going on sale. The stadium's full capacity is 45,000, which means it would be practically full.
Ludogorets remain unbeaten after 8 matches in the tournament, something no team has managed to achieve in its debut season.
- » Bulgaria's Dimitrov Proceeds to 3rd Round of Toronto Masters
- » Ludogorets, Crvena Zvezda Tied in Champions League Qualifier
- » Bulgaria's Ludogorets Facing Serbia's Crvena Zvezda
- » Bulgaria's Boyan Petrov Ascends His 8th Eight-Thousander
- » IOC Allows Russian Competitors to Take Part in Rio Olympics
- » Top Court for Sport Upholds IAAF Ban on Russian Athletes from Rio Olympics