3% of Global Retail Chains Plan Expansion in Bulgaria – CBRE Report
Bulgaria ranks 46th in a report of property consultants CBRE on the top destinations for expanding global retail chains.
According to the survey, as cited by investor.bg, some 3% of the polled international retail chains expressed interest in expanding their business in Bulgaria.
Macao, India, Oman and Serbia have similar scores.
Greece ranks 44th, with 4% of the polled describing the country as an attractive destination for expanding their retail business.
Romania, together with Ukraine, is 35th, while Croatia ranks 28th.
At the bottom of the ranking are Bangladesh, Argentina, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Brazil and Angola, which are attractive markets to only 1% of the polled retailers.
The top 10 of the ranking predominantly consists of European countries such as Germany, France, the U.K., Austria, Sweden, Belgium, Spain, Italy and the Czech Republic. China is 5th, and Turkey 12th.
European retail chains mainly focus on European markets and on expanding businesses in the United Arab Emirates, China and Saudi Arabia.
A similar trend is discernible in the expansion plans of Asian retailers, the most desirable locations being China, Vietnam, Malaysia, Indonesia and Singapore due to an anticipated improvement in consumer confidence.
- » Bulgaria Expects 10% Rise in Tourist Numbers in Summer 2016
- » Bulgaria Says Gas Link with Romania to Be Completed in Autumn 2016
- » Bulgaria Says China Proposing to Invest USD 100 M in Car Wheel Plant in Ruse
- » Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria to Test Bi-Directional Gas Flows by Year's End
- » Bulgaria’s Jan-May Current Account Balance Turns to Surplus
- » Bulgaria to Pay Debts to 2 Airports Put Up for Concession