Bulgarian Security Agency Warns Of Increased Terrorist Risk
There is an increased risk of extremist and terrorist groups in Bulgaria, concluded a report of the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
The agency has identified the “considerable risks for national security”, but did not specify them. In 2013 it has investigated nearly 100 000 dubious people and has deported from Bulgaria 128 foreigners, deemed dangerous for Bulgaria.
DANS has also investigated 837 dubious deals and has checked 20 796 companies. A total of 203 counterintelligence operations were carried out by the Agency, in cooperation with Bulgaria's Interior Ministry and foreign security agencies.
The total sum of the dubious business transactions was EUR 1.6 B.
- » Bulgaria Switches to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday
- » Bulgaria’s Vidin Terminates Waste Collection, Disposal Contract with Concessionaire
- » Liberian-Registered Ship Impounded at Varna Port After Unpaid Debt
- » Red Hot Chilli Pipers Greet Bulgarian Audience Prior to May Performance
- » Nineteen People Injured After Explosion in New York City's East Village
- » Intensive Rain Expected Across Bulgaria