Bulgarian Security Agency Warns Of Increased Terrorist Risk
There is an increased risk of extremist and terrorist groups in Bulgaria, concluded a report of the State Agency for National Security (DANS).
The agency has identified the “considerable risks for national security”, but did not specify them. In 2013 it has investigated nearly 100 000 dubious people and has deported from Bulgaria 128 foreigners, deemed dangerous for Bulgaria.
DANS has also investigated 837 dubious deals and has checked 20 796 companies. A total of 203 counterintelligence operations were carried out by the Agency, in cooperation with Bulgaria's Interior Ministry and foreign security agencies.
The total sum of the dubious business transactions was EUR 1.6 B.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Fire Causes Death of Two People in Downtown Sofia
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival