Four Killed, Nine Missing in Manhattan Explosion
At least four people were killed in the massive explosion and fire that leveled two buildings in Manhattan, New York, Wednesday.
Nine people remained missing hours after the explosion, the CNN reports.
The official cause of the blast has not been determined yet, however authorities consider a possible gas leak was to blame.
The massive explosion and fire leveled two five-story apartment buildings. At least 74 people were reported injured.
"This is a tragedy of the worst kind because there was no indication in time to save people," Mayor Bill de Blasio said to the press.
Metro-North trains were suspended in and out of Grand Central Terminal in downtown Manhattan as a precaution, and local trains were halted after debris reportedly landed on the tracks some nine blocks away from the building collapse.
- » French Jets Reinforce International Coalition Against IS
- » Lithuania to Supply Weaponry to Ukraine
- » US Army to Stay in Poland and the Baltic States Through 2015
- » European Parliament To Discuss No-Confidence Motion Against Jean-Claude Juncker
- » Tunisia Votes in First Presidential Election since Arab Spring
- » 5.4-Magnitude Earthquake Strikes Romania’s Vrancea