Four Killed, Nine Missing in Manhattan Explosion
At least four people were killed in the massive explosion and fire that leveled two buildings in Manhattan, New York, Wednesday.
Nine people remained missing hours after the explosion, the CNN reports.
The official cause of the blast has not been determined yet, however authorities consider a possible gas leak was to blame.
The massive explosion and fire leveled two five-story apartment buildings. At least 74 people were reported injured.
"This is a tragedy of the worst kind because there was no indication in time to save people," Mayor Bill de Blasio said to the press.
Metro-North trains were suspended in and out of Grand Central Terminal in downtown Manhattan as a precaution, and local trains were halted after debris reportedly landed on the tracks some nine blocks away from the building collapse.
- » Afghanistan's Opium Production Rises Drastically - UN Report
- » Turkey Reports More Than 35 000 in Detention after Coup Attempt
- » Turkish PM Warns Brussels: Alternatives to EU Exist
- » France To Dismantle "Jungle" Camp in Calais
- » Greece Insists On Implementation of Quota Principle for Refugees
- » Bulgarian Citizens in Turkey: We Will Vote In Spite of Discrimination