Four Killed, Nine Missing in Manhattan Explosion
At least four people were killed in the massive explosion and fire that leveled two buildings in Manhattan, New York, Wednesday.
Nine people remained missing hours after the explosion, the CNN reports.
The official cause of the blast has not been determined yet, however authorities consider a possible gas leak was to blame.
The massive explosion and fire leveled two five-story apartment buildings. At least 74 people were reported injured.
"This is a tragedy of the worst kind because there was no indication in time to save people," Mayor Bill de Blasio said to the press.
Metro-North trains were suspended in and out of Grand Central Terminal in downtown Manhattan as a precaution, and local trains were halted after debris reportedly landed on the tracks some nine blocks away from the building collapse.
- » Assad's Army will Help the Kurds Against Turkey
- » The Pope has Retreated to Spiritual Seclusion
- » Two Major Islamist Groups in Syria Unite
- » Israel Warned that it Could Act Directly Against Iran
- » Brazilian Prisoners Took the Guards as Hostages
- » Tillerson Admitted There Could be Introduction of New Sanctions Against Russia