Huge Explosion Hits Manhattan, New York, Buildings Collapse
A massive explosion occurred in two buildings in Manhattan, New York, collapsing at least part of the structure and injuring at least 11, Wednesday morning.
A fire was reported in one of the buildings with witnesses reporting a partial roof collapse, according to multiple reports.
One of the buildings had a piano repair shop with apartments on top, while the other building housed a church, according to CBS. The New York Police Department has ruled out terrorism as the cause.
The explosion may be a result of a gas leak, according to international media reports.
The Washington Post cites the NY Police Department saying one person died in the explosion.
Police handed out medical masks to people in the area because of the thick smoke surrounding the area.
Metro-North trains in the areas are suspended because of debris on the tracks.
- » Turkey Formally Ratifies Turkish Stream Pipeline Deal with Russia
- » Italy's PM Steps Down after Referendum Defeat
- » Far-Right Candidate Concedes Defeat in Austria's Presidential Election
- » High Voting Activity in Italy's Referendum
- » Turkey, Russia To Trade With Each Other In Their Own Currencies
- » Austrians To Vote for President