Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev to Meet Queen Elizabeth II
Bulgaria's President Rosen Plevneliev will meet Queen Elizabeth II during his three-day visit to the UK later this month, said the British embassy in Sofia.
Plevneliev will be accompanied by a business delegation who will attend a business forum organized by the UK department for trade and investment. The delegation will also attend a gala lunch with leaders from London’s Financial Sector that will be hosted by former Lord Mayor of London Sir David Wootton and attended by HRH the Duke of Kent.
On 18 March, the Foreign Secretary William Hague will host a reception for prominent Bulgarians in the UK and British citizens associated with Bulgaria. The guest list includes the mother of Plamen Petkov, who was recently awarded a posthumous bravery award by Queen Elizabeth II.
On 19 March, President Plevneliev will deliver a speech on the process of European and Euro-Atlantic integration in South-Eastern Europe at Chatham House.
President Plevneliev will also meet British political leaders, among whom are Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg, Foreign Secretary William Hague, the Speaker of Parliament John Bercow, Ministers and senior officials from the Departments for Business, Innovation and Skills and the Foreign Office.
- » Bulgaria Completes 'Successful' Chairmanship of CoE's Committee of Ministers
- » Bulgaria to Help Albania in EU Integration
- » Politico: Bulgaria's Georgieva 'Possible Late Entry Candidate' for UN Top Job
- » Bulgaria Puts Focus on Protecting Media Freedom as Chair of CoE Committee of Ministers
- » Bulgaria's President to Be Received By Pope Francis
- » Energy Cooperation in Focus of Bulgarian Foreign Minister’s Visit to Azerbaijan