‘Novinite’ Honored Prestigious Award at Davos Forum
Bulgaria’s “Novinite” news agency received the “Media of the Future” Award of the World Communications Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
The award is given out every year to successful projects from all around the world, nominated and selected by the organizers, based on their independent and expert research. A jury of 28 members, from as many states, voted for this year’s award.
Maxim Behar, founder and head of the board of “Novinite”, received the award at the official ceremony in the prestigious Morosani Schweizerhof Hotel, applauded by all the distinguished guests.
“This is an extraordinary acknowledgement for my colleagues at Novinite – for all those who worked on it from its start in 2001 until today, when we have not only an English, but also a Bulgarian and Russian language website”, Mr. Behar stated.
“It is very important for a media to be independent, intelligent, and to be able to protect itself from aggression and sensationalism in presenting its information and opinions. I believe exactly this fact, the objectivity and independence of our news, convinced the jury to bestow us with this prestigious award”, the Novinite founder added.
Novinite is one of the most influential Bulgarian online media, as well as one of the first (created 13 years ago) with editions in English language (novinite.com), Bulgarian (novinite.bg), and Russian (novinite.ru). Over 85,000 readers from all over the world visit the sites each day, to inform themselves about the latest events. The daily “Sofia Morning News” (in English) and “Novinite” (in Bulgarian) are distributed freely to nearly 100,000 subscribers.
- » Bulgarian PM, Azerbaijan's First Lady Unveil Renovated Historical Site
- » 10% of Sofia Univeristy Places Remain Vacant After Third-Round Admission
- » Free-of-Charge Entry to Sofia Municipal Museums on September 22
- » Der Standard: Antiquities Traders Have Little to Fear of Bulgarian Authorities
- » Exhibition of Pulitzer-Winning Bulgarian Photographer Opens in Sofia
- » Procedure for Recognition of EU Higher-Education Diplomas Simplified